Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to widen your quad by just switching the two front wheels around and installing them backwards? I just did it now and they do fit without rubbing, just got to take the valve caps off. Well what im asking is how come ppl dont normally do this is it bad???? :3question:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I wouldn't think that this is a good idea. Most people that want to widen it an inch or two the simple and cheap way usually buy wheel spacers bro. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Its hard on your spindles and bump steer sucks ass.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Been doing it for years, no problem yet. I have not done it my Raptor cause of the vavle stems, but if you say they clear without caps.... guess what I'm doing tomarrow!! :thumbsup: IMO all you are doing is changing the offset, you can order rims in any offset front or rear, the vavle stems are on the correst side if you order the correct offset. In years past I think handling actually improved, so I might have to call :bs: on that. Wider stance = better ride, again this is my ride style, so it could be just me!! :lol:

As for the spindles.... I'm running Blaster spindles.... :p

·
Registered
383 Posts
I did the same thing on my warrior with the rear tires. The difference in width was pretty big. Cant do that with the Raptor rear though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts