Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys running Houser +.5 LT a arms what is your width from outside tire to outside tire?
Thanks
Cameron

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the same thing, but the seller was going through the reciepts today and found out they are +.5 :(. BUT they will work just as well as +2.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I thought the same thing, but the seller was going through the reciepts today and found out they are +.5 :(. BUT they will work just as well as +2.
Uhhh not really, your only getting 1/4" a side wider for a total extra width of 0.5" so your "screwed" out of an 1 1/2 of width or .75 a side:( there goes all your cornering speed you were counting on:p) you'll never catch me now:D

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm kinda stuck right now. Everything is in the mail and on their way. I also have offset wheels that will help. What do ya think?

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Well I'm kinda stuck right now. Everything is in the mail and on their way. I also have offset wheels that will help. What do ya think?

I run the 2+3 offset which gives me an 1"a side more just know your wearing the hub bearings out faster and you'll incur more bumpsteer which is minimal but fine. I would be pissed if i was buying something and found out after i bought it that it wasn't what i thought it was. Id get my money back but thats just me;)

Might sell them too and buy a set of +2s

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well damn if I do go back I couldn't get a deal like this again. So I would be back to stock :( Awwwww this sucks not knowing what to do!!!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
i thought the +.5 was per side.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
So if you are getting +.5, you are in essence getting an additional 1 inch of width. As opposed to 4 inches with +2's. Is +1 total really worth the money? Might as well still be stock. I'd get the money back and get the +2's somewhere else. Just my honest opinion... Am I calculating correctly? I'm going based on the fact that I would think it's +2 each side, for a total of 4 inches...

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But see my problem is I got a smoking deal on them! Shocks a arms and dual brake lines. And thanks for your opinion! The set up is +.5 MGC LT Housers with tie rods stage 3 elkas and dual braided brake lines all in new cond.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I can appreciate that you got a smokin deal, and that's sweet, but unless I'm mistaken, the deal you thought you were getting was based on them being +2's. It's your choice, I'm not saying it isn't, I think I'd be upset though...

·
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your exactly right! I am kinda dissapointed but not with the seller at all and have nothing but good things to say about him. He is willing to take it back and give full refund but I'm thinking it is possible for me to sell this set up and pay for a used one with the same quality but plus two for about the same price. If I get what I need out of this set up.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
i thought the +.5 was per side.
The plus is what it says it is overall, i have +2's which is 1"per side equalling +2 overall. Did you think.+2's were 2"a side? I wish they were then i would have a +4 front end without my wheel offsets:D

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
So if you are getting +.5, you are in essence getting an additional 1 inch of width. As opposed to 4 inches with +2's. Is +1 total really worth the money? Might as well still be stock. I'd get the money back and get the +2's somewhere else. Just my honest opinion... Am I calculating correctly? I'm going based on the fact that I would think it's +2 each side, for a total of 4 inches...
Negative ghost rider, you are not calculating correctly if you were my +4 axle would be a +8:eek::lol:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Your exactly right! I am kinda dissapointed but not with the seller at all and have nothing but good things to say about him. He is willing to take it back and give full refund but I'm thinking it is possible for me to sell this set up and pay for a used one with the same quality but plus two for about the same price. If I get what I need out of this set up.
Look rappy if you can't pass the deal up then don't, try and flip them for what you want slap them on for a couple of rides with the offsets on there maybe you'll like 'em that way

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
The plus is what it says it is overall, i have +2's which is 1"per side equalling +2 overall. Did you think.+2's were 2"a side? I wish they were then i would have a +4 front end without my wheel offsets:D
I'm pretty sure the +2 means + 2" per side 686. :)

I have the Houser +2.25 MGC arms and my arms are 2.25" wider than my stock arms if I measure from the frame pivot bolt to the center of the ball joint on both sets.

Maybe your ride height is set a little higher, so your quad doesn't measure as wide. Right now my ride height is set a bit high for extra ground clearance and my quad is 48" wide with the Hi-Pers, which are close to stock offset. I know if I lower my quad another inch it would be at 50" wide like yours with the 2 + 3 offset rims.

Cameron,

It sucks that you did not get what you thought you were buying, but make sure if you are upgrading to some +2 arms, that the Elka's that came with the +.5 arms are the proper length to work.

I know my +2.25 arms take and 18.5" long shock and some other LT arms use a shorter shock.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Negative ghost rider, you are not calculating correctly if you were my +4 axle would be a +8:eek::lol:
I'm not sure where +8 came in. I said +2 each side would make a total of +4. Total meaning the combined additional width of each side.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts