Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might be a good thing ...
A group of us went on a ride this fall and my wifes lt250r was acting up so i said she should try mine and i will ride hers to trouble shoot, well we started rolling and when the front tires finally hit the ground there was a huge smile on her face.
My question is how many of you have wifes or girls in your life that ride rappys and is it to much for them?
PS- if she likes it she can keep it and im getting a new 700 8):thumbsup:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I personaly think its aswome. My wife rode my 660 for a while and she loved it. But she never cracked hard into the throttle but i think it would not have changed anything i got her a 01 blaster and she says she would rather have mine, But thats never going to happen unless like you said if i could get a new 700 out of the deal then i might consider it.8)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I traded my wifes 06 blaster off on a 04 660 that was in bad shape but after a lil tuning and a good deal on a clean set of used plastics she was totally stoked. she rides like she stole it first ride out she rolled it and has loved it every since now i think she has her eye on my 700.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
My raptor in my sig is actually what my wife rides. It requrires a little less shifting and clutch work than my banshee.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good to know,mabe ill let her ride it a little more in hopes she wants her own.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
My wife had a 400ex and decided she wanted a bit more (felt like the quad itself was to small, she grew up on workhorses). So we purchased a 06 700 and she really likes it. Kinda hot to see a little girl on a big bore :).

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
i agree but my wife isnt the most experienced rider.
i actually dont mind trading her rides for a while, its pink, black and is way to small for me. everyone laughs untill i go screeming by them on a pink flash of reving fuery

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
Its not a 660 buy my wife can ride my 700 pretty good as far as trails, now she is not pulling wheelies or donuts that my job. She loves her 700 grizzly and I seen her do some wheelies on that one but not on purpose. :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
honestly a 660 is even good for unexperienced riders as long as they go easy. the power ban is smooth and it can handle most anything on the trails. my gf rode my old 660 when i got my 700 and she did amazing on it. now she did race dirtbikes so she knows how to ride but never rode anything the size of the raptor but loved the smooth power. then i traded it for a 08 kfx 450 so she rides that now lol. but really a 660 is great for the wife/girl to rip just got to respect it

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good answer nasty

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep you can put a raptor in 2nd gear and trail ride all day.

·
Registered
622 Posts
660 are amazing my gf has one and now wants it to b a drag bike

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha nice well ive been talking to her and she thinks its a little big physicly so she would like to try a yfz 450 and it just so happens my buddy is selling his sons 07 450 for $2000

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont really like riding the 450 but it will do lol
i think its like a dog humping a football, there just to small

·
Registered
54 Posts
i let my girlfriend have a go of my 660 and i only got back it back when she ran out of fuel, she said that she could hardly feel her arms but loved it and is hardly ever off the thing now

·
Registered
180 Posts
my wife rides a 660 too and she loves it. great all around quad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts