Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am wondering if 2022 will bring any change to the raptor 700? I hear guys saying things have not changed in years, so I figured I'd ask. Seems like its just different stickers from what little I can tell. A local dealer had two white and black 2021 that looked nice, but I passed even tho it never saw a test ride. Something tells me to hold on a little longer. I will wait it out and skip the deposit and shipping fees. I'm sure I'll come across one sitting in a shop this upcoming year. I'm just wondering about any changes in the upcoming year.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I have not seen or heard of any updates to the 700(not that it means there won't be).
But, given supply and workforce issues making it difficult to manufacture the current model, even if Yamaha secretly has something new in the pipe...it's release will likely be delayed.
The 700 is so good, it's kinda if it aint broke don't fix it. And to the flip side, 30cc and new fenders won't really cut it, they need another completely new and iconic platform to follow...1000cc would be nice.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yami's model has always been build it once and change very little till you don't make it anymore. There is no competition in the sport quad market so I don't see them ever changing anything major. I know I sure wouldn't be holding out on buying one hoping the next year model will have big changes. I would just like to have the opportunity to buy a brand new one without being raped for the privilege :)

·
Registered
2005 Raptor 660 (bored to 672)
40 Posts
I thought Yamaha stopped production of quads for 2022 due to the environmental requirements becoming so stringent (in Australia). It would be awesome if they continue to build them. If they are still being produced, then what is this movement towards "#SaveSportQuads"?

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I thought Yamaha stopped production of quads for 2022 due to the environmental requirements becoming so stringent (in Australia). It would be awesome if they continue to build them. If they are still being produced, then what is this movement towards "#SaveSportQuads"?
I don't know, I haven't heard, but the 700 is not built in Japan either, it's built in the U.S. near Atlanta, Georgia.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yami's model has always been build it once and change very little till you don't make it anymore. There is no competition in the sport quad market so I don't see them ever changing anything major. I know I sure wouldn't be holding out on buying one hoping the next year model will have big changes. I would just like to have the opportunity to buy a brand new one without being raped for the privilege :)
Yeah man all the extra cost will be saved for someone else. Lol🤣 I am not in the biggest rush as it looks like fining somewhere to ride is challenging. Just one place up the road and from what I hear is filled with a questionable crowd. And others are hours away. Still gonna get me one tho and help " save the quads" lol. Been looking into the atv swap garage on youtube. I may just put street tires on like those dudes and hope for the best.

Side note you euro dudes have it made> being able to ride on the street legally just rocks! I'll just have to live vicariously through other people lol.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
In Australia, all sport quads have been discontinued over safety (or lack thereof) devices.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Raptor 660 (bored to 672)
40 Posts
I don't know, I haven't heard, but the 700 is not built in Japan either, it's built in the U.S. near Atlanta, Georgia.
Thanks

In Australia, all sport quads have been discontinued over safety (or lack thereof) devices.

Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
The only thing I can really think of that I would like changed is I'd like the reverse to be thumb activated like on the Kxf 450. I know they make a kit to do it but I want it from the factory :) Of course I would like it to come with all the aftermarket stuff I put on mine but I'm being realistic. More power where I ride would not be helpful. The power it has already can get you in trouble quick when you come flying into a gravel covered corner with a 200 foot drop.

·
Registered
25 Posts

The ban is from Australian for all North America including us, the ban passed in 2020 but the 2021s came out only because yamaha was forfilling orders from 2020 if you look at the 2020s and 2021 they have the same plastics just changed up a bit blk/wht or green/blk, easier to use up that years plastics them have new ones made if they are done with the model. I have a 2020 blk/wht and I changed my nose and hood plastics to white now it looks like the 2021 se. I'm waiting on the stock sticker kit from the 2021se to be complete for sale and upgrading suspension then you won't tell the difference

·
Registered
936 Posts
The plastics have been the same since what 13, just different colors. The 20 SE colors were hi-vis green and blue, not black and hi-vis green like the 21's. 2022 Yxz's haven't been announced yet either, same as last year. There will be 22 Raptors and Yxz's. I have not seen one credible article that states anything about this law being in the US only down under, and it is not a ban it is just a requirment to have a rops system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.