Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
No, the blaster axle would require a spacer. The banshee axles will swap with the 660 though.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Perhaps he bent his 660 axle and found a cheap or free blaster axle, and wanted to know if he could use that instead.

Raptor 660 owners sometimes put stock banshee axles and often aftermarket banshee axles on their atvs because they are wider than the stock 660 axle.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
its a standard axle

will it fit my raptor 660?
I have a spacer from my g force axle that I ordered. It was needed if I was installing on a blaster, but since it went on my 660 its just laying around. Mad dog, if he had that spacer would he be able to use the blaster axle? If so you can have it.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Actually it would be the other way around, you see the gforce axle needs the spacer because it's area where it holds it's hubs and bearings is longer than the blaster needs. I miss spoke about the spacer, the spacer is required if you want to run a raptor axle on the blaster.

Because of the width of this section of axle, the blaster axle cannot be made to fit on the raptor 660 or banshee.

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yeah that's right. I should've thought about that. Good call MD

·
Registered
158 Posts
Perhaps he bent his 660 axle and found a cheap or free blaster axle, and wanted to know if he could use that instead.

Raptor 660 owners sometimes put stock banshee axles and often aftermarket banshee axles on their atvs because they are wider than the stock 660 axle.
Would i have to do anything special or does the banshee axle just go right in?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Banshee axle goes in, just the other way around. You use Raptor OEM brake and sprocket hubs. Been so long since I played with stock, can't recall what the axle nut situation is.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Blaster/warrior/raptor350/yfz450/Raptor660/Raptor700R rear hubs are interchangeable, but the blaster has a different bolt pattern.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Stock banshee axle, just shy of or just over an inch. IMO not really worth the hassle and cost on it's own, but for replacement purposes or cross referencing used aftermarket parts it's good info to have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got a raptor but im thinking the axle is out of something else at first i just thought it was widend but i orderd a new rear sproket and when i went to swap it the rims were drilled a bit for the rims to fit on the hubs and the sprocket dident fit on the sproket hub so i have no idea whats on it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts