Raptor Forum banner

will my map work at 6000 above sea level

918 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HomesteadRaptor700 
#1 ·
i need some advice i plan to take my raptors out of the country and both my raptors have PC5 with dyno maps. will they run ok at 6000 + feet above sea level im in cali at sea level that is they were tuned. need some input guys dont want to ruin my engines.

#2 ·
They're both going to run richer, you'll need to remove some fuel from the maps. I had mine tuned on the oregon coast and I live at 4500 ft and took out 7% across the board. I had to add some back in off idle and all throttle positions because of a stumble and all is well now. I'm still running a bit rich but am content for the time being. I'm hoping to get autotune to take care of it for me.

#5 ·
What!:confused:???

#7 ·
Well, read the user manual it states in there. The PCIII or PCV only adds or subtracts fuel over the factory base map. The ECU has a map table for the altitude ranges that it covers that is why there is a pressure sensor in the intake boot to measure changes in atmosphere pressure which correlates to you relative altitude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.