Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
yes, mine runs hot anyway so i put a toggle switch on it so i can control the fan to over ride the thermostat. i also run a cooling agent also wich helps.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My fan quit working so I took it off for more airflow and haven't found a new one yet. I have ridden several times ands have found that if it is 70 degrees or colder outside, it will never get hot. It is not good to run fanless, but...you have a "hot light" next to the reverse light. If it comes on, let that sucker cool off. If you get it realllly hot, it has an overheat "buzzer" (sounds like an alarm clock). Bet a lot of people didnt know that. I know because it came on the day the fan quit and I had to make it home.
You wanna sell ur fan? haha

·
Registered
320 Posts
Get a Fan I would PArk that sucker asap i knew the fan went out. Make sure it`s not in wireing you need help just as and i tell you how to check it easyly. Dont take the chance I also run a toggel a very simple cool install I sell you my stock fan for cheap if someone knows where to get a performance fan :)

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
twistedwedge said:
would you run your car without a fan? Usually only in an emergency.. :)
I had a 4 cylinder 2wd s-10 and without the fan turning (it was bound up) she would only last a few minutes before temps hit the danger zone.

Get a fan, you can find them on ebay and from local and online people parting out their bikes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I have my fan off aswell for sometime, there wasn't no significant change in temp as I have a temp guage to monitor it. The sensor only kicks in at around 200-210 degrees anyways so if it does come on you still going to be at a high temp. You can easily drop 20 degrees in temp under 200 on a good 1/4 run. But there is more space for air to flow when the fan is not mounted. Just don't keep your bike running while not riding and you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Here in AZ where it gets 115 my fan comes on a few times if not more each time I go out so I would never risk it. But you might live in a much cooler place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts