Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have had my 3 plug build out on 2 great full rides adding up to 70 miles or so..This thing rocks. The power is off the charts as far as my butt dyno is consernd & my hands still hurt from hanging on.
Now meny of you are wondering ,whats the main advantage of the 3 plug head......POWER & the way it comes on & stays on...Forever. I have riden alot of Raptors fron bone stock, big 3, & stroked/camed. They all made good power but they all have one thing in commen....They fall of the power band around 7000-7500 & stop pulling, still make noise but no usable power. The 3 pluger will continue to make power to to top of the revv, & I mean top.Now the low end is enhansed aswell.I am running stock suspension & I cant keep the front on the ground.She is a handfull in the woods but thats how I like it.The power is trackable you just haft to re learn how to operate the machine;) It also gives you explosive throtle response & if jetted correctly a bit better fuel mpg.
Alot more goes in to the 3 plug set up than 3 plugs. Your whole motor must be set up for the system. But it is a welcome addition to ANY 660 based build & WILL put the motor in a diffrent class of its own..

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Banshee, thanks for the review. "I can't keep the front down", sounds like fun! Did Willie get you close on the jetting? How about some pictures? A video would be awesome. We need more!

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Video for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Da(*&^ dude! Why do you have to keep taunting me this way. I have all my stuff... just need to get my wrist pin and I get to put it together. Darn thing was supposed to be put together 2 months ago.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My build took 4 months longer to complete thanks to a bad sleeve install by a local shop.keep at it..you will be happy with the outcome...

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Well I called home and word is my wrist pin showed up so this weekend I'll be able to put it together. Just have to finish my top end, install the engine, do 01 to the 02+ CDI mod and begin tuning.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
OK I have had my 3 plug build out on 2 great full rides adding up to 70 miles or so..This thing rocks. The power is off the charts as far as my butt dyno is consernd & my hands still hurt from hanging on.
Now meny of you are wondering ,whats the main advantage of the 3 plug head......POWER & the way it comes on & stays on...Forever. I have riden alot of Raptors fron bone stock, big 3, & stroked/camed. They all made good power but they all have one thing in commen....They fall of the power band around 7000-7500 & stop pulling, still make noise but no usable power. The 3 pluger will continue to make power to to top of the revv, & I mean top.Now the low end is enhansed aswell.I am running stock suspension & I cant keep the front on the ground.She is a handfull in the woods but thats how I like it.The power is trackable you just haft to re learn how to operate the machine;) It also gives you explosive throtle response & if jetted correctly a bit better fuel mpg.
Alot more goes in to the 3 plug set up than 3 plugs. Your whole motor must be set up for the system. But it is a welcome addition to ANY 660 based build & WILL put the motor in a diffrent class of its own..
Can you post a signature that gives us the full picture of the powerplant (e.g. valve diameter, porting, intake, cam, header -that sort of stuff).

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I wish I could put elka shocks all around. I was stupid 1.5yrs ago and could have gotten a set of tripple rate piggybacks for $400 but I couldn't afford it. Now I wish I woulda just spent the money and worked double to pay for them.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts