Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help...I have been looking everywhere for a Warn winch mount or any other brand for the front of my 700r. I have checked e-bay and all I can find are ones for a 350 and online i'm only finding for a 2003+ 660r. Warn said that they don't make the mount anymore but I know that someone has one for sale out there. Or maybe the mount for the 350 or 660 will fit and work....HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
242 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
wow awesome. I know a lot of you are probably laughing at this but I want one I opened this thread thirty seconds ago and would have already ordered one if the picture would load I'm just curious as to how or if it would work with my DG front bumper and with the widening kit I just ordered. On Warns website they have a picture of a Raptor with a winch it is above the stock bumper but I can't find a part number for a Raptor. Looks like it is disco'd but maybe quadratec still has some? I used to get Jeep parts from there when I had one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I made a mount that attatches to my prm bumper I'll try to find a pic of it

·
Registered
214 Posts
i'll get a pic tommorrow

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
warn does not make that mount anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chowser2....did you say that you made your own mount from a PRM Bumper?? If so which bumper did you use cause I have some PRM equiptment on my 700 now and have been very happy with their products.

·
Registered
214 Posts
prm desert bumper, i picked it cause the round bar was thicker, and i figured when I cut out the side fins on the top of the bumper to make room it would be stronger. I didn't have any cutting tools when I did this so I had to use a dremel. and it too forever. once you get the side fins out it slides right in. Drill holes into the top bumper plate at the same places as the mount that comes with the winch only make them bigger. then you have someone weld the plate on and you can screw winch to the the mount on from underneath. that is basicallly what I did. I then added some 250lb (5) zip ties that I connected to the winch mount directly and put them right onto the bumper mounts on the frame. I figure they will pull off the bumper mounts if the worst happens but who cares as they would take 5 min to weld back on. (haven't had any issues yet though) I dont' use it for anything crazy just pulling my self out of holes I should have never gotten into.

·
Registered
214 Posts
when i get a rzr i'll put a winch on it and make my gf follow me around and I will probably take this one off.

I don't feel any weight difference. i'm already 280lb so the extra 12lb is nothing. still does wheelies and I am still much faster than my friends.

I also didn't notice any changes in handling

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just ordered my Desert bumper from PRM. They said that they are not gonna be making the original Desert after they are out of stock so it looks like I might have ordered it just in time. Im a little confused as to why you put the zip ties on and what they are for. If you have any other close up pictures of the way you mounted this I would greatly appriciate it. Thanks again for your help!!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Awesome looking guys, will go this route later this year as have gotten stuck in enduro races a couple of times in huge ass mud pits and this would have saved a lot of energy and time.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rappyfreak...thanks. I have been looking everywhere for the mount from Warn. I was told that they no longer make it so the only way is to find one is to find a company that may have some in their stock pile. So I emailed the company and hopefully find out if they actually have them. Plus, the company is like 45 minutes away from my house so that would be great. I will keep you posted. Thanks again!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts