Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking a trip to the dunes up in Oregon.. any tips on camping areas that might be better then others? Also are there there any types of passes that need to be taking care of before hand being were coming from California? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,177 Posts
The best advise I can give is "Stay away". Yeah, I'm serious. The NW Raptor Rally was May 11-14 at Half Boon Bay campground, at Winchester Bay. The campgrounds, the dunes and even the roads were flooded. Up until last week there hasn't been a good recovery. If you live close and can pick a day/weekend with good weather you may have a good time. But to drive 10-15hrs or more would be hit or miss. Now the summer is over and the weather only gets wetter. I would say this isn't the year to go.

Who agrees, Nate, Cam, Troy??

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
The best advise I can give is "Stay away". Yeah, I'm serious. The NW Raptor Rally was May 11-14 at Half Boon Bay campground, at Winchester Bay. The campgrounds, the dunes and even the roads were flooded. Up until last week there hasn't been a good recovery. If you live close and can pick a day/weekend with good weather you may have a good time. But to drive 10-15hrs or more would be hit or miss. Now the summer is over and the weather only gets wetter. I would say this isn't the year to go.

Who agrees, Nate, Cam, Troy??
Was dryish for dunefest and was nice Labor Day weekend. Just started raining here again, so ittl be hit or miss pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
What's the best time of year for riding up there? Can you recommend any camp sites for Winchester?
Half moon bay or discovery point are both right at the sand. Still haven't bought a toy hauler, so been renting the condos at discovery point.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a website where I can make reservations for half moon camp ground? What about those condos how do you reserve those? Thanks for the great feed back guys greatly appreciate it..

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts