Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Let me know what you think of the new hot rod!

Pretty much done (unless I can get one of you to sponser me some new plastics???) :D

Also still need to do a different seat (sparkles is off my wifes bike)

It was a lot of work but I am pretty pleased with how it came out.

It is a 780 (big bore with HOT RODS 5mm Crank) with a few goodies, nothing crazy by any means.
lone star and elka suspension
rigids new D2 Led lights (freaking BRIGHT)
and a BUNCH of other goodies I dont want to add up. :)

Let me know what you think.

Robert <><

Attachments

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
FLwoods should be all over this. loves the orange. nice rappy man!! post up some dyno sheets!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, it is pretty tolerable so far on the street with the stock swinger (or I lean forward to much haha) I like being able to float the front end through whoops etc. Haven't had it in the sand yet however.

POWER WISE I think the cam is REALLY holding it up however. I have the 780, +3 throttle body, ignition, PCIII, intake, ported and polished stock valve head, sparks pipe etc but a HCIII with a pretty solid map it only did 59.6HP at 5,500 ft elevation?? However my wife will KILL me if I spend anymore money. I am just curious how much more I could get out of the HD5050?

What do you guys think?

Robert <><

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Thanks, it is pretty tolerable so far on the street with the stock swinger (or I lean forward to much haha) I like being able to float the front end through whoops etc. Haven't had it in the sand yet however.

POWER WISE I think the cam is REALLY holding it up however. I have the 780, +3 throttle body, ignition, PCIII, intake, ported and polished stock valve head, sparks pipe etc but a HCIII with a pretty solid map it only did 59.6HP at 5,500 ft elevation?? However my wife will KILL me if I spend anymore money. I am just curious how much more I could get out of the HD5050?

What do you guys think?

Robert <><

Well....My 780 with +2 valves, CNC P & P and a Web 4 cam is right at 80 Hp and could go more with a larger TB (I have a +3) and better intake....if that helps you see where you could get to....better get a longer swingarm.....lol.

~ Sandaddy 8)

·
Registered
868 Posts
TOYOTA61384 said:
hmm I was making that much hp at same elevation with +2 tb, stock stroke and bore, +1 head, fuel atv intake, barkers, and X2 cam.

Was yours dyno tuned? I've seen guys find 5 hp just fine tuning. If your timing is off one tooth it could cause problems also.

Sounds like that high of displacement needs to breathe!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I think it is head/cam it falls HARD after 7000 timing is good and curve is pretty smooth. I am thinking primarily cam then obviously plus size head, but I am happy with it for now.

Tuned at Epic in Longmont.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Oh okay ya probably what you're saying. Aaron did your tune? He did mine also. But since he is gone after his enduro accident I will be going to Adam at Motoadventure kawasaki next to Ft Collins/Loveland airport.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just like Orange a lot!

If your talking about Jason Jones, his is my BIG brother :D

He still has his YFZ but it hasnt been running in a few years. He has been more preoccupied with his boat lately ??? haha.

I wasn't aware they had a dyno at Moto Adventure. Adam has helped me with a few things in the past.

Robert <><

FL now all I need is some plastics then my bike will be looking nice and sexy like yours!

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
:thumbsup:
I just like Orange a lot!

If your talking about Jason Jones, his is my BIG brother :D

He still has his YFZ but it hasnt been running in a few years. He has been more preoccupied with his boat lately ??? haha.

I wasn't aware they had a dyno at Moto Adventure. Adam has helped me with a few things in the past.

Robert <><

FL now all I need is some plastics then my bike will be looking nice and sexy like yours!
What kind of plastics did ya have in mind? Maier makes those Carbon fiber look plastics in white, they look badass in person! Pics of them don't do them justice. And if you want to get real crazy OFM makes their beadlocks with orange anodized lock rings and orange centers:thumbsup::wow: Is that October Orange?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts