Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There isn't one for the 700s that I saw, so I was wondering what everyone has done to their 700 the past few months and or plans for the remainder of the winter. Be it cosmetic, internals, or suspension I wanna know! :lol: And see ;)

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
LSR pro axle
Hiper Cf1's (for mx)
LSR stem (#3)
gibsion carrier
RK chain
tires
Kashima EVOL upgrade
CC'd my DMC's

bunch of powdercoating...

bent back and braced my steering hoop then rattle canned it...

·
Registered
749 Posts
damn adam has been busy. looks great.

no pics, but just have the hc3 and 11:5:1 going in. if the few maps i have don't work out too well, then it's going to the dyno right after winter as well

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
no pics, but just have the hc3 and 11:5:1 going in. if the few maps i have don't work out too well, then it's going to the dyno right after winter as well
:wave: Hi Cam :-*

This is what I've got going on and I thought the visual aid would help RaptorGirl too :lol: There's also an HDD5050 cam and some port work..ish :D

All I know it I need to work on my sig now ;)

·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LSR pro axle
Hiper Cf1's (for mx)
LSR stem (#3)
gibsion carrier
RK chain
tires
Kashima EVOL upgrade
CC'd my DMC's

bunch of powdercoating...

bent back and braced my steering hoop then rattle canned it...

Adam how much to CC them? I've been wanting to do the same.

:wave: Hi Cam :-*

This is what I've got going on and I thought the visual aid would help RaptorGirl too :lol: There's also an HDD5050 cam and some port work..ish :D

All I know it I need to work on my sig now ;)

What!?!? What kind or work +? Valves or stock work? By who? What compress? :lol: :kiss:

·
Registered
598 Posts
alright i'll play,
+5 stroker crank
Bo white port
full fiber clutch mod
i think thats it

·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I did a little motor work in the fall. So it was all suspension work the last month or so.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
03rappy1987, Those A-arms and shocks look like shit and you should take them off. Then get them suckers FAR away from you and send them to me here in Michigan, that way I can...... dispose of them for you;) get some Full flights and pogos to replace them, it will look much better. Just PM me for my addy.

But as for my build I am not doing anything major to it aside from just fixing it from when I got it from DevilDog. It needed engine cases so I bought a whole engine and am putting the 12.5:1 piston and Ported head by BO on it. Keeping it a SBSS motor. Ditched the stage 2 cam that was in it for a X4. Got a FCI intake for it along with a +3 TB. Gonna shorten the Sparks exhaust and run that until I find a deal on some duals. Thats it for the motor for now. It was gonna be alot bigger but I got another baby on the way so money is alot tighter.

As for the Chassis part. I had to get a new midframe because I found a crack in it. It is getting powdercoated along with the subframe so it matches better(Was faded a bit). Got a Blingstar dual sprocket and rotor guard:metal: and just some bearings to finish that out.

All I'm waiting on is the Powdercoat to be done and DL is send me gaskets my reprogrammed Dyna and a rocker he clearanced for me. Here what it looks like now.

Hope to get it all together in the next few weeks.

·
4,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:rofl:

Just glad you have a 700 to roll with us now! I take it you have a big door into the house? lol. Once put back together it will be a beast! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm way jealous of all you guys/girls posting! I want those hipers from Adam, port work from Jeff, and stroker from Rappy SE. ;)

I wanna see more!!!!!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
The raptor will fit out the door. Just takes a bit of KY and a couple people to turn it sideways. It is the old office for our trucking company before we moved. It just sits empty and I figured the raptor would sure be nice to work on in a heated room:rofl: My wife said no to putting it in the house:( so this is the next best spot. I am thinking a bigger door would be easier though.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My Motor is in my basement nicer heated lol

Well 03 i want your suspension ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
new aluminum rad
new one way
custom grill
rear linkage
for now thats it just happy it starts again

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
The raptor will fit out the door. Just takes a bit of KY and a couple people to turn it sideways. It is the old office for our trucking company before we moved. It just sits empty and I figured the raptor would sure be nice to work on in a heated room:rofl: My wife said no to putting it in the house:( so this is the next best spot. I am thinking a bigger door would be easier though.
I'll come knock the wall out for you, and I'll do it pretty cheap too. Just let me know how big a hole you want. But I'm not helping you maneuver the fully assembled Rappy through no office door, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
mine is getting overhauled this winter....this is a list of the new stuff.

Cosmetic:

Lots of powdercoating. Frame/subframe is gloss white, wheels, swingarm, entire engine, hubs, brake stay...basically everything else is gloss black

Performance:

Motor is at Barkers Performance right now being built, 769cc 4 mil stroker, 105.5 mil cylinder, 10.5:1 custom turbo piston, Barker stage 2 head, R&D pro-cut trans with billet 2nd and 3rd gears, dynatek programmable ignition with d7 curves. D7 oil-less turbo (upgrade over my standard turbo kit) good for 25+ psi, dual injector WK 58mm TB, ARP exhaust and head studs, o-ringed head and cylinder

Drive/clutch:

Hinson billet clutch basket, finally doing the full fiber mod, 530 chain with 15/36 sprockets. LSR billet carrier

Brakes:

got the Brembo rear caliper and wave rotor from [email protected]

Suspension:

Fireball -2 +2 a-arms, K&Q +10 oval tube swingarm, 12.5" shaw hillshooter rear shock

wheels/tires:

Running my old 74 RO 12 paddle SLS extremes, but throwing them on a new set of Direct Drive "Combat" wheels, anodized black. PC'ing my jj&a 3-bolt front wheels gloss black

controls/steering:

lightweight spindles, lightweight aluminum tie rods, hallman boost controller, autometer digital afr gauge.

frame:

smoothed and PC'ed, EKO magnesium drag pegs, titanium frame hardware

Mics:

Billet motor mounts from Danee (wetdream on the forums), d7 electronics pan, d7 chain tensioner, TM designs chain guide, D7 lightweight 1 piece aluminum charge pipe and aluminum light weight 3" down pipe. Lot of titanium hardware from pro-bolt.com

That's all that is coming to mind right now...here is the "before" pics...I will post new ones as things come together.

Well, I guess I can throw one teaser pic up for now:

·
Registered
437 Posts
its a more durable coating that will withstand the elements such as rocks better rep. it is also flexible more then paint

·
Registered
598 Posts
Langford that bike is gonna be so sick. I can't wait to see that thing

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Kyle, that thing is gonna be plain NASTY! Oh an I hate you, I hate you, I HATE YOU so much, ok I'm jealous!
Mine is getting a drop in cam and a piston and something else i'm forgetting... Oh ya a button. :D

1 - 20 of 144 Posts