Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum.

so I have a Raptor 700r 2006 model, and I need a new wire harness, but I found out that they recently discontinued them, and was wondering if I could use the wire harness for a newer model, maybe a wire harness from a 2009 or 2011 model.
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the wire harness can work if I fit it into my 2006 model

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to this forum.

so I have a Raptor 700r 2006 model, and I need a new wire harness, but I found out that they recently discontinued them, and was wondering if I could use the wire harness for a newer model, maybe a wire harness from a 2009 or 2011 model.
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if the wire harness can work if I fit it into my 2006 model
06-08 should be identical. 09-12 had a different dash so I don’t know if they would work. 2015-current would require a new ecu as well. Ide go with a 2014.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06-08 should be identical. 09-12 had a different dash so I don’t know if they would work. 2015-current would require a new ecu as well. Ide go with a 2014.
Okay, is there a specific reason as to why I should go with the 2014 model?

and if I go with a 09-12 wire harness could I not change thedash with it so that it could work?

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Okay, is there a specific reason as to why I should go with the 2014 model?

and if I go with a 09-12 wire harness could I not change thedash with it so that it could work?
Because 14 doesn’t have the dash, easiest replace.
You would have to change front fenders and hood and ecu as well I believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because 14 doesn’t have the dash, easiest replace.
You would have to change front fenders and hood and ecu as well I believe.
Okay thanks a lot man, appreciate it, I’ll have a look and see what to do. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
also might need to upgrade some senors, like the TPS, i think the 06 is a little different than the newer ones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi. I just replaced the wire harness in my 06. Mr. Cuervo racing has a video on the swap on YouTube. I will post the link below. He shows the part number. It's for the 13-14 wire harness. Your ECU must have a green sticker for the harness to work. And you will have to get a 13-14 key switch as well. Other than that everything plugs in. Take your time. Use dialetric grease on the connectors. The new harness is stiff...I let mine sit out in the sun for a bit...made routing it around the frame/ subframe easier. Anyway I got my OEM from partzilla. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts