Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a quote of a message between Shawn and I.

Shawnz said:
Any ETA on the HID kit?

MY trip this weekend got cut short by a flat about 10 miles in. We're going to do it over again next week. The HIDs would be a treat.

Thanks!

Shawn
Hi Shawn,

I received the parts for your kit last night. I got the harness built for it too. So you can have it either way..... with or without the relay harness. With is a win win. Its a fused harness with a relay and heavier than stock gauge wiring. Plus you only have to hack up one of your stock headlight harnesses.

Here are some pics:

This is the full harness with direct battery feed to the relay for the ballasts. This is to show you how it lays out on the bike. The ballasts actually bolt together sandwiching the mounting bracket.

All of the connectors are different or keyed where they need to be. So its almost impossible to mix them up.

These are the relay coil wires. I put spade connectors on them so you could easily connect them to your harness if you don't want to solder them into one of the headlight harnesses. BLACK is GROUND white is the +12vdc power. The nice thing about doing it this way, is you only need to wire it into either the left or the right headlight harness.

Here is the main harness ground wire that needs to go to a good chassis ground.

And of course the main battery power wire hooks up to the bikes battery. We ran ours along the frame on the header side of the 350. It might be better to do it down the shifter side. I pulled some extra wire to hopefully help with that. And don't forget to zip tie it to the frame. We also used the factory zip ties and just ran it with the factory harness.

Here is option nr. 2.

Direct wire in on both headlight harnesses. Obviously less wire is involved but, you do have to make 1 more solder joint that with the relay harness. This is the way we originally did it on the 350.

pretty much same thing here. BLACK is Ground *** if you wire it backwards you can/will blow up the ballasts and it could cause bodily harm****

Here is your kit pretty much all ready to go. I got it finished up last night/this morning about 2am. All I need is some different hardware for the mount.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm looking forward to the install. I'll get plenty of pics 8).

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts