Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your guys opinion on Wiseco pistons? I would like to do a high compression piston and I just got a stage 2 Hotcam off ebay. I was going to get a CP piston but for the money the Wiseco is one hell of a deal. The one I'm looking at is 11:1 and it has a coated skirt. By the way I got my Hotcam for $137 shipped on there. The Wiseco piston kit is 128 shipped.

Mike

G

·
MAN said:
What is your guys opinion on Wiseco pistons? I would like to do a high compression piston and I just got a stage 2 Hotcam off ebay. I was going to get a CP piston but for the money the Wiseco is one hell of a deal. The one I'm looking at is 11:1 and it has a coated skirt. By the way I got my Hotcam for $137 shipped on there. The Wiseco piston kit is 128 shipped.

Mike
As far as cars go Wiseco makes one heck of a piston! I know there are a few people here that have them but haven't heard how the run...

·
Registered
262 Posts
mine runs great. You probably couldn't tell the diff between them by seat of the pants. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
My buddy used to build Honda four-bangers for an NHRA import drag team and always used Wiseco pistons. His best dyno run was something like 1000 whp at 60 pounds of boost on methanol in a 1.8 liter. Not saying they're gonna make any more power, but they make strong pistons.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Wiseco it is then! Thank you guys for the help! :thumbsup: It's hard for me to make up my mind sometimes. When I seen the kit on ebay for 118 bucks + shipping I had to ask about it. Well all I need now is to get my head ported by sparky yfz and my duels. I will have to hold off on the duels till I can sale my CT racing pipe. The wife would be off on me if I had two pipes for the 700 at home.

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.