Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im finally modding my bike and putting a full exhaust, intake, a set of 2006 YFZ shocks from a buddy who only has one ride on them, and new sprockets and chain.

wondering how much gain there is by running with the lid completely off w/ outerwears or with the lid modified with 6 one inch holes with the uni one inch filter inserts. is it night and day? or will i not notice that big of a differience.

Thanks for all the help guys/girls.....

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
from what I understand there is a noticable gain when running no airbox vs just holes in the lid. ive herd the airbox is very restrictive. think about it - with the lid mod you will only be able to suck in air through the holes. with no box there will be fresh air surrounding the entire filter

how much hp increase? i dont know

im sure one of the engine builders on here has dyno tested it

I myself will be switching from the no-lid setup with the box and running a filter straight off the carbs

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Most definatly, I had to rejet once I switched from my K&N stock replacement to the prodesign. Huge difference you will be very happy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes you have to re jet if you add the pro-flow kit and run with out the lid. I installed my pro-flow kit and removed the lid awhile back and my Raptor ran like shiit until I rejetted it. Always remember, the more air flow to a motor= better performance!

·
Registered
371 Posts
hey hotrod could you refresh me on how to clean the prodeign foam filter, i got the oil but ive done it once, kinda slipped my mind.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
05rappy said:
hey hotrod could you refresh me on how to clean the prodeign foam filter, i got the oil but ive done it once, kinda slipped my mind.
Couldn't tell ya, sorry. I have the prodesign K&N :thumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
05rappy said:
just finished cleaning mine. i sprayed it real good with foam filter cleaner and washed it in dawn. rinsed with fresh water. still can't get some of the filter oil out due to the cones inside the filter. tried to remove them to squeeze but i don't see a way. so i repeated everything again. cleaner but some spots of oil still.
pass on any ideas if you come up with something better. thanks

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so i know im goin g to have to jet my bike for this and im ready for that.... but what my real question is will there be a much more noticable gain if i run with the lid completely off compared to if it has been modified. i mean i know it will flow much more air with the lid off but wont it flow alot more than stock if its modified where the extra pieces have been removed from the passages and the holes drilled in the top?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just get a stock replacement K&N and take your lid off. Then take a couple of screws and screw from the front edge of the lid into the top lip of the filter.

Bascially a pro flow kit for 1/4 the price. It's what I did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts