Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 2004 660r that I purchased, i’m getting nothing when I try to start it using the button. If I put a jumper on the relay it will crank but not run. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey so maybe you need a battery and or relay I had that problem i changed both and no problem with the button start up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey so maybe you need a battery and or relay I had that problem i changed both and no problem with the button start up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The battery is new but I do have a relay being delivered today I’ll let you know if that solved it

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
If it's cranking, but not starting, pull the sparkplug and make sure it's firing, or if it's wet/getting fuel.

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Do you have 12V at the yellow/black wire on the relay both with the start button NOT pressed and pressed?

If so, does the blue/black wire have 12V when not pressed, but 0V when pressed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did some reconnections and yellow/black 12v presses & not pressed. Blue/black 12v presses and not pressed

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
Okay, great!

So, the start button simply shorts the blue/black wire to ground when pressed. Since your;s is not going to 0V with start button pushed then either your button is dirty/corroded internally or the blue/black wire is broken or disconnected somewhere between the relay and the switch.

Try briefly jumpering the blue/black wire to ground (use a straight pin to pierce the wire) near the CDI and your relay should close and the starter turn - then try the same near the button - if it starts then the button is at fault. if not it's the wire.

Let us know your results.

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
Glad to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts