Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my 01' engine rebuilt because 1st and 2nd gear went. I built it back up, and just put the oil / coolant in today. I have yet to try to turn it over and I ran into a problem. I was checking to see if it shifted smoothly and everything seems fine besides it won't go into neutral. I've adjusted the clutch so it'd engange 100% and tried it at a couple different spots. I cannot get it into neutral for the life of me. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I really don't know what the problem is and this suggestion might be a long shot, but I see that you haven't tried to turn it over yet. Did you wiggle the quad forward and backward while trying to find neutral? Mine has been very hard to find when turned off. I trailer my 01 660 in gear... when trying to find neutral to unload the quad, it is sometimes almost impossible without starting it. Just a longshot...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was trying that for atleast 30 minutes while adjusting the clutch. Than finally took the shift lever off, put some towel over it and got some locking pliers on it and it went into neutral just fine. I knew I had a lot of play in my shifter but didn't think I had THAT much lol. It's currently started up and now I'm looking for a new shift lever. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the IMS direct connect shift lever, there's one on ebay for 26 bones

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yeah I was trying that for atleast 30 minutes while adjusting the clutch. Than finally took the shift lever off, put some towel over it and got some locking pliers on it and it went into neutral just fine. I knew I had a lot of play in my shifter but didn't think I had THAT much lol. It's currently started up and now I'm looking for a new shift lever. Any suggestions? I've been looking at the IMS direct connect shift lever, there's one on ebay for 26 bones

Direct shifters are the only way to go, you get a better feel of the shifter.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts