Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't change anything other than the intake. I didn't disconnect the battery, or anything else. I moved the fuel tank so I can see better around the TB. I made sure I got the hoses on tight, and the claps are tight. (air leak would make it idle high anyways)

When I started it, it popped then stalled. I had to hold the gas to keep it running. I ended up adjusting the throttle cable at the bars to keep it from stalling. But now when I turn tight it pulls the cable and revs up.

I did a quick adjustment on the TFI, but not sure if that would make a difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong......but do you have a fuel programmer? Like a powercommander? If not thats your prob. You messed with the air to fuel ratio and its off balance now. It sounds like it needs more fuel so if you have one you may need to make adjustments

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Adjust idle on tb not at bars. That'll fix the cable from being pulled while turning.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Did you loosen loak nut first?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
It's a super small screw with lock nut on it I thru my lock nut away. I'll take picture of the idle screw and post it. Give me a little time I gotta go out to garage then upload it to sight.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Mines an 07 to

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I didn't change anything other than the intake. I didn't disconnect the battery, or anything else. I moved the fuel tank so I can see better around the TB. I made sure I got the hoses on tight, and the claps are tight. (air leak would make it idle high anyways)

When I started it, it popped then stalled. I had to hold the gas to keep it running. I ended up adjusting the throttle cable at the bars to keep it from stalling. But now when I turn tight it pulls the cable and revs up.

I did a quick adjustment on the TFI, but not sure if that would make a difference.
A new map setup may help you more than you think. The idle is a big part when changing maps, as you can see when loading various maps and tuning. Your current map may have an idle set at 1600 RPM's, while the right map may have your idle set at 1900 RPM's... hypothetically

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think you are messing with the air bypass screw. The idle stop screw is right above it and has a 10mm lock nut around a small screw with a flat head end i believe. This is what controls how far your butterfly stays open when your idling.

·
Registered
366 Posts
A new map setup may help you more than you think. The idle is a big part when changing maps, as you can see when loading various maps and tuning. Your current map may have an idle set at 1600 RPM's, while the right map may have your idle set at 1900 RPM's... hypothetically
You map could be off and your not getting enough fuel at idle to keep it running. But your fuel controller can't set your idle rpm it can only give your more or less fuel at a given rpm.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
You map could be off and your not getting enough fuel at idle to keep it running. But your fuel controller can't set your idle rpm it can only give your more or less fuel at a given rpm.
I wasn't saying to "idle up" your current map, so to speak. What I was saying, is that the correct map for his new mod, may in turn set the idle higher at zero throttle (idle)...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I looked over on evilbay and found a TB, now I can see the screw. What is that bypass thing for??

I did look thru the Dobeck tuning thread, and got a bunch of them to try out. None of the pots are for idle, and even after I changed them, it didn't make a difference.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your first pot should adjust your fuel at idle but like i said earlier you need to adjust your idle rpm at the tb.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts