Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I wanna say hey everyone. Im new to the forum and have been out of the atv scene for about 11 years now and then all of a sudden just decided to go buy me a raptor two days ago. I went and test rode it and everything ran out good and strong. I loaded it up on my trailor and brought it home and go to get it off and its just sounding like its bouncing the rev limiter, but I turned the handle bars to the left or right and it revs up normal. I put the handle bars back straight and its bouncing the rev limiter again. At this point Im completely stumped any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I would check to make sure the cables are routed properly and not pulled tight.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Is it really bouncing off the rev limiter or is it just cutting out. There is a big difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds to me like its bouncing the rev limiter it just continuously the same sound in the same rpm range. Is there anyway to just disable the parking brake sensor? It doesnt work anyway and I read on here something bout a reverse rev limiter and my reverse knob is all screwed up

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You unplug it. Then you unplug the clutch safty switch. The big squre pulg you leave unpluged. Then the 2 bullit conectors on the raptors wireing harness you plug in to each other.

That is how you by pass the parking brake and clutch safty switches. You will be able to start your raptor in gear without pulling the clutch in so be carefull.

·
Master of the Electron
15,411 Posts
Leave the clutch switch alone - it has nothing to do with any limiter. The bullet connectors are from the clutch switch - if you short them together, the bike will start in gear without pulling the clutch - not your issue, and somewhat unsafe.

The PB limiter will keep the engine from revving more than a couple of hundred RPM above idle - and when you hit it, the bike will spit and sputter as it bounces off the limiter. Removing the PB switch from the circuit, by unplugging it, eliminates this problem.

The PB switch wires comes down to a white, two pin connector, a pair of black wires in one side, green/yellow stripe and black out the other. It is hidden up behind the left headlight near the radiator. Unplug it and any PB limiter issues will go away - the switch tends to get twitchy and turn on when it shouldn't - in your case, turning the bars is probably pushing/pulling on the parking brake cable, causing the PB switch to engage/disengage.

Seal the green/yellow connector side with some silicone or equivalent because any water or dirt that gets between it and the neighbor black wire will short out the signal and the CDI will turn the limiter on when you least want it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
It most likely is the park brake sensor switch since it is the only one that has anything to do with the handle bars, as Quad says, just unplug and seal the two wires at the disconnect, green and yellow with the black wire, this will eliminate this rev limiter.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts