Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,653 Posts
Does the 350 have any RPM limiters like the 660 does (reverse and parking brake)? If so, either of these could cause your symptoms. BUT, the wiring diagram doesn't show a parking brake switch, and reverse switch only connects to the light bulb, not the CDI, so it looks like the answer is no - no low RPM limiters...

So, it's most likely a dirty carb - jets and/or emulsion tube and passages.

·
Registered
836 Posts
350 doesn't have any rev limiters at all. These engines will rev to the moon if you don't let off the throttle when they get real high up in the revs, nothing to cut it off..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
350 doesn't have any rev limiters at all. These engines will rev to the moon if you don't let off the throttle when they get real high up in the revs, nothing to cut it off..
Not sure if the Raptor 350 is different then the Warrior, but I do know that the Warrior had some kind of rev limiter built into the reverse lever somehow.............

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not sure if the Raptor 350 is different then the Warrior, but I do know that the Warrior had some kind of rev limiter built into the reverse lever somehow.............
you sure? I remember one time backing out my buddies warrior i couldn't find the rev limiter, and i had her pinned in 2nd going down the road and there was no rev limiter there either. I know the warrior did have the parking brake rev limiter like the 660 has, but the raptor 350 has the newer style parking brake so it doesn't have that cutting off at low rpms when you try to rev it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts