Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well earlier today i put my radiatior on after fixing leak and i hook my battery and everything up started up with no problem. leak was fixed everything was good i shut it off took the battery out and put back on the tender.. went to hooked it back up to go riding and it wouldnt start... i noticed that the button was getting stuck and start feeling real hot and smoked so i took that off and cleaned everything out pulled the spring out more because it was all the way in. put it back together and still didnt start headlights workrd. tried putting jumper cables on it and nothing... push started it and it started right up with no problems. so what the hell need help push starting is a pain with one person and no hill..... hope yous can understand this...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i switched out my soleniod and still nothing i will try the starter next with jumper cables but unsure where to connect at.. i see at the top there is something but is there anything else?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If you want to apply power just to the starter, hook the positive boost cable to the starter lug, and then ground the negative cable to the base of the starter...........

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i read a few more post's so i went outside with large screwdriver and touch both lugs on soleniod and it fired right up so whats my problem now is it a bad soleniod? i switch it out already or is the button done for

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
oki read a few more post's so i went outside with large screwdriver and touch both lugs on solenoid and it fired right up so whats my problem now is it a bad solenoid? i switch it out already or is the button done for
possibility of 3 things.............
CDI
Solenoid
Starter push button........

Make sure you have a working fuse at the start relay first........
If you get a click at the start relay and the motor doesn't turn over, it most likely is your relay...........
Check for a click at the solenoid, if none, check with a test light for power to the yellow blue wire at the starter relay, bike must be in neutral and or the clutch in...........
If this is good, check the start button by installing a test light or volt meter and hook one lead to the positive of the battery, when you push the start button, the light should go on or the volt meter should read battery voltage..........
If #1 doesn't read voltage, you have problems with the CDI, Quadmania has a solution to this problem with a little rewiring........

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
possibility of 3 things.............
CDI
Solenoid
Starter push button........

Make sure you have a working fuse at the start relay first........
If you get a click at the start relay and the motor doesn't turn over, it most likely is your relay...........
Check for a click at the solenoid, if none, check with a test light for power to the yellow blue wire at the starter relay, bike must be in neutral and or the clutch in...........
If this is good, check the start button by installing a test light or volt meter and hook one lead to the positive of the battery, when you push the start button, the light should go on or the volt meter should read battery voltage..........
If #1 doesn't read voltage, you have problems with the CDI, Quadmania has a solution to this problem with a little rewiring........
the fuses are good quad starts up when i touch the to bolts together on relay.. button still doesnt work but i notice when i push it in to try to start it the neutral light dims so its obviously pulling power just not starting honestly i think it is the button but im not sure

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
the fuses are good quad starts up when i touch the to bolts together on relay.. button still doesnt work but i notice when i push it in to try to start it the neutral light dims so its obviously pulling power just not starting honestly i think it is the button but im not sure
Sounds like you are on the right track.........Try grounding the blue/black wire at the relay. I made a mistake and said the yellow blue wire previously......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts