Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post btw
so this weekend i was out riding and got a little crazy and hit a huge puddle at the top of 3rd gear... i was thrown from the rappy and it tumbled and landed up side down in the water... the wheels were sticking half way out of the 3/4 out of the water upside down... after about 30 secs my buddies came picked me and the bike up... opened the spark plug up towed it in and then tried to start it... and nothing the head lights and everything works... then we bump started it and its started right up all the everything works except it wont crank how do i figure this out its it the button or start or something else??? please please help me i am trying to get back out this weekend....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like u shorted the starter button, it got water in it from the harder than standard impact on the bars, I would try replacing the starter button, if u can get it apart try shorting the two wires together, if it turns over, than its Ur button. But I'm very confident in saying you have disable the start button with direct impact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey raptorrob11 thanks for that info i took the switch apart and found mud stuck between the2 contact points so i cleaned it all out and vroom lol has a rough idle but i am currently working that out and cleaning it up as i tear my rappy apart!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cool man, I'm glad u got it right with no expense!! I was certain it was the starter button, so good luck on the rough idle and keep the shiny side up!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
hey i sort of have the same problem (i think). my quad wont start with using the starter button on the bars...i need to touch the contacts on the solenoid with a pair of pliers, so how did u take apart the controls to see if there was anything wrong with the wiring?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts