Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to wake this thing up for the spring and its giving me touble. When I hit the start button it just buzzes. The noice is coming from around the battery compartment so I assume its the electric starter. It never comes close to turning over. Does the battery need to be recharged? Or is it the starter. The lights are coming on.

·
RaptorPilot
602 Posts
Try charging the battery first, if it will hold a charge.

·
Registered
836 Posts
that buzzing you hear is the starter relay.... all that means is the battery is too low to turn her over. Try giving her a charge, she should start right up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that buzzing you hear is the starter relay.... all that means is the battery is too low to turn her over. Try giving her a charge, she should start right up
The owners manual says that you should use some kind of special battery charger is that true?
I just have a normal battery charger.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My battery has only died once because I left the key on overnight by accident......
I used a regular 12 volt, 6 amp battery charger. I left the charger on it for about 2 hours or so. After that it started right up, and I left the Magnito to do the rest of the charging out on the trails.
As far as I know you don't need any special kind of battery charger. Just a regular 12 volt battery charger with jumper type cables...
If you wan't you can always get her started by rolling it down a hill and popping her into second gear (jump starting) and let it charge while you are riding (if you are going to do a good bit of high rpm riding)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts