Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That didn't take long.... I ordered them last week and my new tires are here already http://www.tireexpress.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=5823. Sure wish Trail Tech shipped as fast ;)
Called up my dealer and I'll be getting them mounted this afternoon. The rubber feels more dense than my GNCCs, so hopefully they'll take a beating better. 2" taller too, so I may never get that 15T mounted.... oh well. Can't wait til this afternoon :grin_nod:

·
Registered
665 Posts
PICS????? without pics you just have just as much credibility as the trail tech staff!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I HAVE BEEN HEARING HOW BAD THE TRAILTECH STAFF IS, BUT I ORDERD A SET OF MR11'S AND GOT THEM IN THREE DAYS, AND THEN ORDERED THE MR16'S AND GOT THOSE IN A WEEK......NOT TO BAD IN MY CASE....I GUESS THEY ARE IN WASHINGTON AND I AM IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA, SO I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE ANY ISSUES

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Matt.
Dung.... TT is just fine when you order something and pay for it. It's when you have a technical problem with what you've ordered that "the part to fix the problem was sent out two weeks ago, here, let me resend it" line is used ::) Anyway, one of the parts they supposedly sent me THREE times came in today too. So I get to put that on when I have time and feel like taking the plastic off again.

So here's those pics. Wouldn't want to lose my *forum cred* :crazy: I can't really tell much or compare them because of the weather change, but they clean themselves very well. I went through some "mooky" spots and the crap was a flyin'. You can even see how when I rolled up to park it, the GNCCs still on the front were caked with snow, but the Dirt Devils look like I just put them on almost. The tread is cupped a little and you can see that still held snow. It's like a tread within a tread. Monster tread and at 21lbs a piece (according to fedex) it better be. They're 22x11x9 and the fronts are 1" taller than stock (23).

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ok...Thanks Pacanis.......I have only had them on for a few weeks and was wondering how customer service would be when i finally do come across a prblem with them.....I have heard they have horrible service but never heard the details.....The only thing I have run across is the ballast is kinda touchy when it is warming up.....other than that the lights work very well.....Have you heard of many problems with the hid lights?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. As a matter of fact, if my Vapor's tach starts working correctly I'd like to get some of their frame mounted torch lights.

·
Registered
865 Posts
;) LOVE THEM HID'S

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Them tires are pertty sweet...they look pretty beefy to me, keep us updated......all you need is some matchin tires up front (the gncc dont looks to good for snow) and ur good to go...imma have to look into gettin me a set

·
Registered
841 Posts
mudlites they only 20's tend to get hung up alot...well for me anyway, I would have the mudlites if they made 22's

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
birdog said:
Why Dirt Devils and no ITP Mudlites? :3question:
I wasn't happy with the wear on my ITP Holeshot GNCCs. I called ITP to discuss other options and they told me that all their tires are made from the same composite. I didn't like the sound of that. IMO it is the hardness of the rubber that ultimately causes wear, not the tread pattern, but a softer composite also adds to how well the tire hooks up..... I was out for something that would wear better. GBC said their Dirt Devil tires are specifically made to wear well.
So come next spring when I can do the same type of riding, for the same amount of time I'll find out.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There could be a lot of opinions on this... and there's lots of different trail conditions, too.
My GNCCs did very well on both hard, wide open trails where I could get into the throttle and slide the quad a bit and also wet, gnarly, rooted trails where I never got out of second.
Yesterday the 5 inches of snow I was riding in turned into 5 inches of snow on top of 5 inches of standing water on already soft ground. As soon as I felt the quad sink a bit and noticed the change in the ground I had that oh, sh!t feeling. And the trail stayed that way for about 40 yards :eek:.... I kept chugging along in first and like I said before about these tires, the crap was a flyin'. They really clean themselves well, even when not spinning. Made it through no problem. I really wondered if the more sport oriented GNCCs with their tighter tread pattern would have done as well.
I also wondered if I should have a UTE for that kind of riding :crazy:

·
Registered
621 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
mudlites they only 20's tend to get hung up alot...well for me anyway, I would have the mudlites if they made 22's
I've seen in Dirt Wheels a couple of people selling Mudlites 22s. I actually put them on my Christmas list for my wife to get me. I'm not sure which is better. I just read a lot a good things about them. My buddy has them on his Big Bear and they made a big BIG difference! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
would 22 mudlites be a good all around tire on my 06se? I ride alot on the trails(kinda gravely) and sand dunes.I only weigh about 160lbs so I dont seem to get very trac.(likes to spin, not lift)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 22" mudlites on my 660, so yes they do make them. Personally, I liked my bearclaws a heck of a lot more, lasted a lot longer and I felt they were much better in every kind of terrain, well except for sand, we don't have that in Vancouver, BC.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Raptor660LE said:
I have 22" mudlites on my 660, so yes they do make them. Personally, I liked my bearclaws a heck of a lot more, lasted a lot longer and I felt they were much better in every kind of terrain, well except for sand, we don't have that in Vancouver, BC.
What size Bearclaws you runnin on ur quad?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just saw those bear clawz on another site. They look pretty good. Aggressive, but not too much rubber.
When I was ordering my tires last week I called up my dealer to see what he could offer, again, stressing something aggressive that would wear well, and he said he happened to have their "tire guy" standing right there. He reccomended the Kenda Knarly for something that would wear really well. Out of those and what I read on the GBCs... well, ya'll know what I went with ;)
I'd like to keep my eye on those bear klawz though if anyone wants to keep us updated. It seems that even if they wore, you'd still have a good amount of tread left.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was running 22x12's on my rappy before I got the mudlites. Only other thing to say about the bearclaws is that they are heavier than a mudlite, but like I said, much better in every kind of terrain in my opinion. One thing I don't like about the mudlites is that the sidewall seems to fold really easily so when doing donuts and drifting around corners so it's kinda sketchy, really dangerous actually whereas I never had that problem with my bearclaws. Also the mudlites are wearing noticably faster than the bearclaws did, I ran the bearclaws for almost 2 years riding every 2nd or 3rd weekend, same thing on the mudlites and there getting torn apart.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts