Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one race with WORCS? They are coming to a track pretty close to me, and Im thinking about doing it. I never raced before but it looks like it be a heck of a blast for 100 bucks or so. I have my raptor setup for trails, but I think a few minor changes and I might be track worthy.

What do you guys think 700 for racing?

·
Dirty Lil Bastard
602 Posts
If you're in good shape it's alright on the track. If you haven't been to the track I'd definitely work in some practice. You'll get pretty amped at your first race and be pretty white knuckled so to feel like your hands are going to explode is normal. I have about the same setup engine wise and it's pretty fast on the hole shot. This is my first year racing and I love it...although I'm dumping the Raptor for a 450. Just way too much bike for me to lug around the track and cost way too much to get MX ready. Talk to DevilDog he seems to be Raptor MX guru on here.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i race WORCS when i have the opportunity. if you're going to race, be in GREAT SHAPE! once you're through the MX section of the course, expect atleast 5+ miles on non-stop whoops that can get pretty deep. the whoops start at the end of the MX track and don't stop until you get back to the MX track.

races for the class you'll enter usually last about an hour. if you want you can race the unclassified race. all the pro, pro-am, and pretty much all of the series regulars enter this race because it's the only time they open the entire course for all participants to see (it's more of a "pay to practice" than a race.) the friday practice is only open to the MX portion of the track. it's a short event so you'll only be able to get 2 laps in, and it's half the price of the other classes. if you go this route and feel like you're in good enough shape to do four or five laps, return to the WORCS trailer and sign-up for the class you qualify for.

i don't race my raptor in this series, i race an ltr450 or my yfzR if i race this weekend in primm (the zook is down.) i've seen a few raptors race, but they're not as competitive as the 450 chassis bikes. run 21" or 22" front tires and 20" rear tires. smaller MX tires will get you stuck on the deep ruts at the turns on the whoops track. do not set up your suspension for best performance in the MX track.. you'll be in and out of there in a couple minutes. you'll be on the whoops track for atleast 10 minutes each lap. most importantly, make sure you're hydrated well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. Its something I have always wanted to try, but never had the right ride, funds, truck, and so on.
I was looking at all the classes and seems a bit much. I don’t really know how much is to much to enter in.

Would recommend just entering in one like Production C, and the unclassified race(What else is it called I don’t see an Unclass race on the site)?
Im sure it depends on how many people enter, but is their different heats?

How many times will one class race?

Here is the link to the rules and such

http://www.worcsracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=203

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. Its something I have always wanted to try, but never had the right ride, funds, truck, and so on.
I was looking at all the classes and seems a bit much. I don’t really know how much is to much to enter in.

Would recommend just entering in one like Production C, and the unclassified race(What else is it called I don’t see an Unclass race on the site)?
Im sure it depends on how many people enter, but is their different heats?

How many times will one class race?

Here is the link to the rules and such

http://www.worcsracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=85&Itemid=203
no heats, you just run your class once. what's your age? i'll show you which classes are available for you to run and i'll answer all your specific questions following.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
http://www.worcsracing.com/images/stories/flyers/rnd2_flyer_back_11.pdf

above is a link posted for this weekends upcoming WORCS race in Primm, NV. the flyer for the Idaho race won't be available until about a month or two before the race, but the race flow is roughly the same for all races except the Primm race is kind of an oddball because the Bikes and Quads run the same weekend (same place but different tracks) and there is no friday practice for this event.

you'll notice the unclassified race saturday morning around 9am. that's the busiest race as it's the only time the participants can view/ride the entire course, and predominantly used as a practice session. it's about half price the regular events.

around noon on saturday are the age oriented C classes which you should be in. you will be more comfortable in this field as there will be alot of first time racers in the series, and a wider variety of machines and modifications.

the open and production c classes run first race sunday morning. race this class if you can't make the saturday races. be aware that they will be performing sound checks prior to race start, and there are no refunds for not passing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no heats, you just run your class once. what's your age? i'll show you which classes are available for you to run and i'll answer all your specific questions following.
Awesome man thanks for your help. Ill be 25 by the time the race comes around.

http://www.worcsracing.com/images/stories/flyers/rnd2_flyer_back_11.pdf

above is a link posted for this weekends upcoming WORCS race in Primm, NV. the flyer for the Idaho race won't be available until about a month or two before the race, but the race flow is roughly the same for all races except the Primm race is kind of an oddball because the Bikes and Quads run the same weekend (same place but different tracks) and there is no friday practice for this event.

you'll notice the unclassified race saturday morning around 9am. that's the busiest race as it's the only time the participants can view/ride the entire course, and predominantly used as a practice session. it's about half price the regular events.

around noon on saturday are the age oriented C classes which you should be in. you will be more comfortable in this field as there will be alot of first time racers in the series, and a wider variety of machines and modifications.

the open and production c classes run first race sunday morning. race this class if you can't make the saturday races. be aware that they will be performing sound checks prior to race start, and there are no refunds for not passing.
Sounds check, hmm I might have to get that checked out before to make sure Im not over the limit.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sounds check, hmm I might have to get that checked out before to make sure Im not over the limit.
i usually race at the same time your class races, and i almost always get checked. sometimes spark arrestors are mandatory as well, depends on the course (and i imagine in idaho they will). the Primm race this weekend they will probably only sound check the pro and pro-am classes.. because of the bikes and quads running at the same time, the WORCS officials are overwhelmed. this weekends race is a zoo.

good luck and have fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts