Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my 03 thursday, woke up sat morning and when to the local dealer and picked up a chain, starter solenoid, and a can of chain lube. I ordered a starter friday so it should be in this week. next weekend i will install the starter then take it in the get the valves adjusted and check out second gear. it seems as if the gear is stripped, it will try to catch but then slip. so we will see. once we get that done i will order front wheel bearings and tires.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so i got my 03 thursday, woke up sat morning and when to the local dealer and picked up a chain, starter solenoid, and a can of chain lube. I ordered a starter friday so it should be in this week. next weekend i will install the starter then take it in the get the valves adjusted and check out second gear. it seems as if the gear is stripped, it will try to catch but then slip. so we will see. once we get that done i will order front wheel bearings and tires.
Another 02+ with second gear problems.............

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess thats a common problem?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
on 01's its more common. Are you sure you have a 02? Look at the subframe. If its square tubing and have a remote shock rezivor then it a 01. Piggyback shock and round tube subframe then its a 02-up

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine is supposed to be an 03 and its not here its down in the country at my parents place.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am pretty sure it doesn't have a remote rezivor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts