Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a line on a new Works rear shock for 480. Is this a good deal or average? I am probably either doing this or going to get the stock rear rebuilt. I am setting up the Raptor for the MX track (I know, a YFZ would be better but I like my rappy........I could buy an 06 LTR completely set up for 2300 including selling the Raptor but I can't pull the trigger). thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Man, if you're going to race MX you'll spend more than 2300 getting the raptor to where the ltr already is.

I'm a big fan of the 660 and can make a case for it over just about everything out there. But if you're running MX, it's really not a good choice. Assuming you don't have displacement restrictions and you don't want a 450, I'd look at the 700R before building up a 660.

That said, 480 is a good deal on a new works rear. IF it's not the bargain basement model. You'll want preload adjustment or a zero preload setup. Compression and rebound adjustments along with a dual rate spring. If you can get that for 480, you're doing well because Works typically charges 800+ for anything similar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts