Raptor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought these a while back and had them rebuilt (oil, seals, bushings) and never got a chance to bolt them up. Finally got them on my raptor a few weeks ago and something with the fronts is definitely not right. The only way I can describe it is that they seem like they are "topped out", they are constantly at full length and have no sag to them at all. I can lift up on the front of my raptor with the stock pogo's bolted up and they at least have a little bit of upward travel, they also sag a little under the weight of the quad once its on the ground. Took it out for quick ride with the works shocks on and it was terrible. They're not overly stiff, but when they would soak anything up, they'd just spring right back up to their full extension. Anybody have any ideas? They seem to have spacers and a c-clip to hold the adjustment settings, but I'm totally lost as far as how to adjust them and what actually can be dialed in. I took a picture of them and attached it...any help would be really appreciated I know these things will make a world of difference if I could just get them working properly...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
looks like the springs are cranked down s tight as they can go....can you get a close up shot of the front shock?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get another picture of them as soon as I get home on friday, stuck at college for the rest of the week. Is that the only adjustment on these shocks?

686cc, thanks, I'll try to get ahold of him

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got a pair of the non rezzi works shocks and it's the only adjustment I've seen on mine. Compress the top down, remove the clip and replace it in the groove you want to set it in, the release the spring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any kind of spacers that wrap around the shock behind the springs on yours? Also, how far down is the clip on the top of your shocks? It does look like mine are pretty much as stiff as they can get, so that could definitely be one of my problems

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just the aluminum cap that sits directly on top of the spring with a recessed area on the inside that the retaining clip sits in. I've got mine on the second groove from the top. There are washers that separate the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spring if that's what you are talking about.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine are only dual rates, two springs, but I have spacers on the actual absorber itself, they're towards the middle to top of the spring, probably about 1/4 inch wide rings...they look like spacers of some type. I'll have to take a closer look at them tomorrow when I get back home, theres definitely a few of them on each shock

·
Registered
123 Posts
Let the springs back up to the top, bolt'em back up to the bike and see how they feel. Should be better.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Code:
Let the springs back up to the top, bolt'em back up to the bike and see how they feel. Should be better.
Yeah man..:thumbsup: ...I've got triple rate TCS shocks(yours are triples,not doubles)....same thing pretty much...Loosen the top caps screw them all the way back to the top,and try that.

Top smallest spring is meant to take out the sag,and should compress fully,and just start to compress the 2nd,with you on the bike.

The way there set up now would def be a hard ride...

Let us know...:metal:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll see if I can get the shock compressed and move that clip up today, I really appreciate the help with this and I'll let you guys know what I find

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anybody have any good methods of trying to compress these things to remove the clip?
Me and a buddy jacked the front end up to take the load off the springs, then i pulled the cap down by hand while he pulled the clip and moved it. Not the best/safest/most ideal way to do it, but we didn't have a spring compressor.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey Friday will you let me know how those shocks work out for you? and if you think they are worth buying? I was going to get a set of the g series for my raptor to start raceing with and would like to hear from someone who acually has them on a raptor. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do, I plan on working on them more this weekend, didn't get too far with them last weekend. Tried compressing the spring a million different ways but no dice, will probably have to pick up a spring compressor

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can you not just loosen the top ring by the allen bolts around it,and spin it back towards the top..??...Or is there too much pressure..??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah to me it looks like it would fix everything to just screw that nut up and it will let the spring go up letting it get slack. Sorry i dont remember what the adjustments called. but its the big washer nut looking thing with like teeth around it lol should be at the top of the spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts