Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, second post and thread...yeah, i know...lol

Friend has an 01 660 raptor and he tells me that he goes through a lot of clutch kits. I asked why and he said because it has so much power that it eats them up, about every year. Does this sound right? I don't know about raptors but on my trx450r I replaced the clutch with a cheap $50 Tusk kit and it is still going strong, second year.

Do you think that his basket may be worn or his clutch may be out of adjustment?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey, second post and thread...yeah, i know...lol

Friend has an 01 660 raptor and he tells me that he goes through a lot of clutch kits. I asked why and he said because it has so much power that it eats them up, about every year. Does this sound right? I don't know about raptors but on my trx450r I replaced the clutch with a cheap $50 Tusk kit and it is still going strong, second year.

Do you think that his basket may be worn or his clutch may be out of adjustment?
Without more details, all answers could be guesses, I find it hard to believe that he can burn out that many clutches, but anything is possible, just depends on how much clutch slipping he does and how well setup he keeps it.........

·
Master of the Electron
15,044 Posts
I thing HE is burning the clutches, not the 660... riding style can have a lot to do with it. Of course, if he is installing/adjusting it incorrectly, this could have a lot to do with it too.

I'm 5 years into what I believe is the original clutch on my 01 - that's 10 years and thousands of hours of riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts