Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into new exhausts for my Raptor. I was thinking about this DG RCM II pipe for it. I ride at sea level (on a beach), would I need to jet it at all? If so what jet would you guys recommend? I was thinking around 147.5? Also, what jets should I buy, I don't want a kit, but I see Mikuni mains come in Large and Small, which do I need?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes i would re jet and install a air filter upgrade. Have not jetted myself but from what i gather I would start with 150main and 25 pilot . Where in NY are you driving on a beach?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Brooklyn there's some dunes behind the shopping mall on Eurskine street. The beach is across the street and its all sand/dirt. I hear a lot of people using 150 main and I just didnt know if that would be too rich...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Right off the Belt PKwy... LOl. The cops don't bust you ? They been craking down on all our spots. there is one by the gun range in nassau county. IT gets wild sometimes but its not really riding its just ppl doing wheelies and tricks not to big a area though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah right off the Belt over by the landfills... I haven't been there that long but some of the guys that have been going there said the cops came once and got the car stuck in the sand so they gave up. There's usually a decent crowd of 20+ on Sundays when it's warm, mostly Rappys and other Yamahas, lots of Banshees and Blasters too. Wheres the one by the range? I'm there a lot

·
Registered
229 Posts
Its not huge its just basically a parking lot. Mostly for people doing wheelies, stoppies etc not much room for anything else besides a couple drags here and there. Its fun to just chill and watch sometimes. Right by the shooting range by the Nassau coliseum in the back by the baseball fields. Having trouble with my carb so been looking for a good place to ride and test things before i take a trip. Once the weather gets better we should take the 350's out. Not so much in the winter but there are usually a car track or shifter carts set up in the coliseum lot on early mornings so if you into that sort of thing its fun for a few hours.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like fun, we should definitely bring the 350s out one day. I was there about 2 weeks ago on Sunday. The best thing is everyone there rides pretty much year round until it snows. It's usually pretty warm there cause its right under the sun. If I went over to the coliseum I'd need to put my stock rims and tires back on cause that would destroy my holeshots in 20 minutes lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go with a 150 main and a 25 pilot if you put an intake on it and remove the lid. Thats my set-up. I have a DG pipe off ebay for $150 and a K&N intake for $50 and i went to my local dealer/parts shop and bought the jets for the mukini carb. You will waste your money on buying a jet kit. The needle clip stays in the middle position. A little bit of tweaking on the fuel screw and you'll be great! It will run like a new quad. Just make sure while you have the carb apart you clean it real good and clean the new jets as well before installing. Also just incase, take your old jets to the parts store when your getting the new ones installed because they might give you the wrong ones. Hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts