Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I am already wondering if switching to duals would be worth it. I have the Dr D full system, its no slouch by any means, but I am wondering if I put the money out to switch to duals would it be worth it. Or should I save that money buy a precision stabilizer and hipers, then eventually have the head work done with a High comp piston. SOOOOOOO :confused:

·
Registered
815 Posts
From all the info i got before i decided to get head work done and get high compression piston.... everywhere i called - 1st question they asked me was "do you have duals".....
Everyone told me that if i was planning on doing engine work, then i needed to get the LTE's (the DMC werent out yet)...
so in my mind that told me that - to get the most power out of my bike, after doing engine work, i would need to have the duals...

I did a BUNCH of research before i decided to do engine work... and bcs of what everyone told me, is why i bought the LTE duals.... so i could have the optimum power out of my engine after i got the work done..

Plattner

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the info. So I guess I will probably drop the coin on the stabilizer first. Then get the duals. Then the engine work. Plat, Did you have duals first or did you step up from a single other than stock.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I put about 3 hours on my bike with the stock exhaust - -then i went and bought the GYTR performance oval muffler - - then i went and bought the GYTR performance head pipe... - - hahaha
AND finally i went ang bought the LTE duals (ceramic coated)/..... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DUALS

·
Registered
815 Posts
OH YA - i could definantly tell a difference.... I mean the thing that you have to realize is... not only are you getting a better flowing exhaust system, but you also are loading your PCIII with a much better fuel map, that has a better fuel curve, and allows more fuel, which gives you more power...
I would HIGHLY recommend buying the LTE's or the DMC's.....
My best friend just put the DMC's on his bike... and i like them also....

Plattner

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've been in the same boat as you DRD, I like my single system but every time I research exhaust setups I come back to the LTE duals. Pretty soon I think I'm just gonna have to pull the trigger on the LTE's, I just don't see a way around it. Good thing is at least I can sell my single and not have to shell out the full $850 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been running the DR D full system for little over a year. I put a 12:1 piston in about 8 months ago. I don't have any complaints. The duals definatly out perform a single exhaust. But don't be afraid to do easy motor work without duals. I ride with a spark arrestor all the time, I like it a little quieter. For 470 bucks full DR D system, and 215 bucks 12:1 piston, its comes in right close to the cost of a set of duals and even with a 225+ LB "jockey" I don't loose to just a set of duals. If you want to pinch the pennies but want performance, leave your single exhaust and port it, cam it, piston, ect ect. The upgrades from internal mods should be better gain for the $ than switching to a full system and not doing those mods.

To be clear, I fully agree that duals vs. single is not a contest. My input is based on a person already having an exhaust system and looking for performance to $$ value for upgrading.

·
Registered
815 Posts
armety - you make a good point....

I just feel that if you all are planning on doing motor mods (cam, head porting, bigbore...etc) then if you want the maximum power.... you are going to end up buying the DUALS sometime, if you want all the power.... just saying that most likely you are going to go to duals sometime.... so do it whenever it fits your wallet the best.... ha ahaha just my personal opinion

Plattner

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well another thread I read pretty much convinced me that I was going to get the CT exhaust even though I knew the LTE were better. I was just concerned about the extra couple hundred $.

Now Im trying to think if I should just go ahead and spend the doe and just get the LTE. Im not even sure if I would ever get engine work done. I mainly ride trails and on the rode. I know its not necessary but do you think I would even benefit from doing engine work with my type of riding.

Considering that I wont be getting engine work though .. its a toss up right now between the LTE and CT exhaust. What you guys think?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Considering that I wont be getting engine work though .. its a toss up right now between the LTE and CT exhaust. What you guys think?
That is the same boat I am in. I am leaving in just over a week for a 6 week course and know if I want LTE pipes I should order now or I can order the CT about a week before I come home. I am having trouble with this because I have bought two pipes for every bike I have own and the boss(wife) says I better get the right one first this time ;)

Jay

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I am in the same boat, don't ever plan on doing engine work to my raptor. I am going to go with the LTE's, because I want to get most power I can without doing engine work. If you have not already invested in a pipe then I suggest the LTE’s. Don’t plan on them coming quick or going on smoothly, from what I have heard. They will look good and perform good once you have them on though.

For those people that have already bought a pipe I suggest that you just spend you money on improved handling or if you want a bit more power then have the head ported and put in a 11:1 piston. That combo will put out more power than the LTE’s anyway.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I may pony up and sell my DR D full system and get the Duals. I am so confused because right now I think the best purchase for me would be the Precision stabilizer. Last weekend really beat me up and I know I wold be faster through the rough stuff if the bars weren't going everywhere.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I would go with the stabilizer. The Dubach Racing is a great company and if you ever had any trouble with the exhaust later on down the road they will do there best to keep you happy. I wouldn't trade it in for a LTE, and if you do I wouldn't expect a big power difference.

However, its your decision. I feel like you have a good exhaust already , and your going to be disappointed if you trade to an LTE and expect huge power differences.

Let me know if I can help you out on the stabilizer or LTE exhaust. Do whatever one that will make you happy... I know for a fact that your going to tell the difference in the stabilizer... I just don't think your going to feel the power difference your going to expect when you trade your dr d for the LTE .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Duals are a great modification to add to a bike. If you have already spent the money on a decent single system, the difference in performance is not going to blow you off the seat. If you are a person who is trying to squeeze every ounce of horsepower out with no regard to money, get the duals. If not, your money would be well spent on other mods that give you more bang for the buck. But the duals definately look better.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kbm450 said:
I would go with the stabilizer. The Dubach Racing is a great company and if you ever had any trouble with the exhaust later on down the road they will do there best to keep you happy. I wouldn't trade it in for a LTE, and if you do I wouldn't expect a big power difference.

However, its your decision. I feel like you have a good exhaust already , and your going to be disappointed if you trade to an LTE and expect huge power differences.

Let me know if I can help you out on the stabilizer or LTE exhaust. Do whatever one that will make you happy... I know for a fact that your going to tell the difference in the stabilizer... I just don't think your going to feel the power difference your going to expect when you trade your dr d for the LTE .

Hey great advice. I appreciate it. Do you get the steerigng stabilizer as well? How much PM me if you would like. I am interested. Do you get hipers as well?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts