·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Such a bad idea in so many ways.

Don't do anything like this to your bike unless you never plan to put a rider on it.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I second MD's opinion....

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without chewing my ass out, why not do this? Im crazy and stupid but i dont wanna die, so could you explain; why this wont work?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I'll ignore the effects on geometry/handling/etc.

It's quite concieveable that the whole front end will fold the first time you clip a tree. If you're lucky and either never clip a tree or the bike survives it with insignficant damages the bolts that don't fall out may simply snap when under the load of a mild jump.

If these parts get made incredibly strong of heavy duty (and weight) stock then you'll likely end up ripping OEM welds off the frame or breaking the frame between them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Not to mention they look shady. Think about the difference in those pieces vs the frame mounts. Like maddog said, the look like they will fold up at the slightest hint of a load.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you could make tie rods why couldn't you make your own kit? :3question:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You have a good point i'll try my own mild kit. If it doesnt kill me ill let you know, if it does well i'll never be on here again.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ive seen better kits for doing the same. In theory it would work. I have +3 arms on my raptor and it is way too wide... keep that in mind. Plus you will still the same amount of suspension travel...not the best for jumping. The thing I would be most affraid of is the added stress on the upper shock mount. Extra length is extra leverage. It would be ok to run the roads, but that would be about it. On a blaster I might do it as not to waste money on a cheap bike, but not for a raptor

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Do some google searches on the effects of leverage and torque. Not only would that screw up your handling but would put a lot of stress on the mounts.

Rugerboy, you're spending WAY too much time trying to cheap out of getting wider/lower. Do it right, do it once.... get some quality a-arms and aftermarket shocks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
basic asr arms (non adjustable rolled steel) are cheap and effective. Get some YFZ shocks. That would be a cheap and safe setup.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts