Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy I kno in town offered to trade his 96 ford explorer w/ 121k miles v8 bone stock in good shape for my raptor. I could use another vehicle but I'm not so desperate to give it away for somethin of lesser value. Cosidering my mods and mine being 7 years newer even though it's a atv to suv who gets the upper hand on this deal?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
:wow: You never see non rusted out explorers up here. There cheap up here but they don't look like that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it looks really clean in the pic but damn I'm 22 and would have never seen myself sportin an explorer but a second car would b damn nice specially keep miles off my truck. But the kbb says in excellent shape it's private sale value is 2100 I'd like to think my bike is worth more than that :unsure:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I own an exploder and I would stay run as far away from this vehicle as you can I wouldn't trade a pedal bike for anOther one of these trucks I have owned mine for 2 years and driven it like 6 times and it is nothing but a money pit not to put down his truck but from personal experience stay far away!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my daily is a 05 Ram Rumble Bee. She rarely passes a gas station!!!;)

It matches my bike which makes it even harder to get rid of it!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah that is a BA truck. There is a guy we haul freight for that always has BA trucks and took me for a ride in one. It had some work done to it not sure what all was done but DAMN it was Fast. It was one scary ride.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own an exploder and I would stay run as far away from this vehicle as you can I wouldn't trade a pedal bike for anOther one of these trucks I have owned mine for 2 years and driven it like 6 times and it is nothing but a money pit not to put down his truck but from personal experience stay far away!
My dad owned an eddie bauer how ever u spell it and he really hated it but he's not a ford guy jus got it for a great deal. I will say they do ride like s*** but again it'd b a to and from work vehicle so it doesn't have to ride like a caddy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah that is a BA truck. There is a guy we haul freight for that always has BA trucks and took me for a ride in one. It had some work done to it not sure what all was done but DAMN it was Fast. It was one scary ride.
Mine has cold air intake, headers, high flow cats, and a tune. it's pretty quick for a 7k pound truck, will have a nitrous set up by tax time which will b a whole nother level of fun!!!:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's not the rough ride it's the fact that every time I drive it something
New breaks just my
Opinion you will regret the trade if u do it trust me!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Yeah we had a explorer as a plow truck(Bought plow explorer came free:rofl:) andit was always needing something BUT a explorer is not ment to push snow all the time.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's not the rough ride it's the fact that every time I drive it something
New breaks just my
Opinion you will regret the trade if u do it trust me!
Thanks man I'm glad u chimed in cuz I was really on the fence and I woulda been pissed to trade the rappy for a POS. Thatz y I posted here cuz it's nice to get opinions so now I have an excuse to keep my bike!!!:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah we had a explorer as a plow truck(Bought plow explorer came free:rofl:) andit was always needing something BUT a explorer is not ment to push snow all the time.
I shoulda got the hint wen KBB said it was worth 2k in excellent shape!!!:brick:

·
Registered
437 Posts
dude just pick up an s10 for like 1k and rip that. they are cheap as hell to fic ang a 2.2 with a 5 speed will get 30mpg easy mine did

1 - 15 of 15 Posts