Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking into a set of +2 arms for my 700. I have looked all across ebay and the price range on these things are crazy. I am considering the fullflight arms. Only thing thats holding me back is that I read about the heim joints that fullflight uses, and they haven't gotten the best review. What do you guys think? Am I getting what I pay for with the FullFlights? Or is $380 worth it? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Are you getting shocks too? If so it's going to work out to be not that much more if you buy a package deal off one of the vendors here.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I found some used yfz450 elka's to go with the fullflights when its said and done will be about an 800 dollar setup...

·
Registered
366 Posts
If your looking at full flights i'd buy ASR or Wicked a-arms instead. I know the old full flight were made out of mild steel. I don't thing they are anymore. But the other two I mentioned use ball joints and both are nice arms.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
+1 on the ASR (American Star Racing) I've got a set and I've been beating on them for over 2yrs now and no complaints or issues. For the price you can't beat them I think they are $389.00 right now!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
So I am looking into a set of +2 arms for my 700. I have looked all across ebay and the price range on these things are crazy. I am considering the fullflight arms. Only thing thats holding me back is that I read about the heim joints that fullflight uses, and they haven't gotten the best review. What do you guys think? Am I getting what I pay for with the FullFlights? Or is $380 worth it? Thanks for the feedback!
Don't go with the full flights there's a reason they are an e-bay company now. If you can swing it look for deals on lsr sport +2 a arms i picked mine up new for a little over 400$ new. Call lsr and ask if they have any deals or clearance a arms. They are tuff as hell and one of the best looking a arms out there imo

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
My buddy had full flights on his YFZ, the Heim joints made it about a season, he was always replacing them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I'm starting to really like those ASR's, but I'd like to get my hands on some LSRs if they were at the right price. Im going to call around today and hopefully have some arms on the way by tomorrow.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I called around, and LSR wasn't having any deals on their +2's. So I called ASR and got some, not a bad price for them at all. A lot better than the $600 LSR was asking. haha. Im pretty pumped for these to come in, they should be here just in time for my spring break dune trip to LS.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Well I called around, and LSR wasn't having any deals on their +2's. So I called ASR and got some, not a bad price for them at all. A lot better than the $600 LSR was asking. haha. Im pretty pumped for these to come in, they should be here just in time for my spring break dune trip to LS.
Glad you found some and didn't go with full flight

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Finally..holy crap. 2 months later and I finally got these babies on. The toe-in on the right side still needs a little adjustment. But I'm just happy to finally be over the hump. I went with what Crisco and Fl. Woods recommended and bought some ASRs..Needless to say it was not the smoothest transaction. They 'lost' my order a couple times, and sent me the wrong arms once. But, I stayed patient with them (only had to get on their ass real bad once before they got them to me). Mike at ASR was always good to me and in the end hooked me up with some extended brake lines and clamps to go with them. Although, the transaction was pretty slow, I’d probably order from them again, they were always helpful anytime I called in just, a little slow about getting it done this time. Anyways, here is a few pics of the new set up..Beginning with the stock set up, then when i was in the middle of puttin the arms on, and finally the finished product..then one with the new brake lines and clamps.

Sorry, these are all cell phone pics. So the quality kinda sucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good. I've been thinking about long arms up front myself so this has helped me out as well. Thanks for posting up the pics as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts