Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in ER now. Rolled the 660 in a turn and planted left leg to keep from actually rolling over. Blew out knee bad. I’m in bad bad pain . Knew swelled double its size. X rays are done. Looks like an ACL TEAR.

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Well that is terrible news. Get some good mesds bud, work that leg when the doc tells you to. Hope for a speedy recovery, spring is right around the corner...

·
Registered
34 Posts
That sounds horrible and it may take a while, but something you can make a full recovery from. Keep the big picture in mind, could have been worse and will soon be a memory. Now on to the second most important question after a wreck: is the bike ok?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Aww that's bad news. Get well soon buddy. I hope it's not anything serious.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike is ok except for bent handle bars. Update on me is that I have a broken Tibia just below the knee. I have to see a surgeon at 1 pm tomorrow. They think I will have to have surgery but for sure. They gave me a shot of morphine and let me come home just moments ago after 6 hours in ER

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Ouch that sucks. Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!! ER rooms are the worst.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Man, this sucks, im sorry bro. Hey, at least your not a horse! Theyd be like "bring out that big white sheet..." No, seriously though, we all wish you a speedy full recovery. Sure hope this doesnt damper your outlook on riding in the future. Keep us posted on your progress

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have received bad news. I have a 1/2 inch wide fracture at the top of my Tibula. The fracture tapers down 3 inches long. You can see the top of the fracture indicated by the top ink mark in the picture. It is also a compression fracture as bone material from the knee area was compressed down into the fracture. I am getting a pre surgery cat scan in order to plan for the surgery. The surgery will include adding filler material to the area around my knee and a plate and "several " screws used to secure the bone. The surgeon has told me that the earliest I can return to work will be 3 weeks from today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Damn dude. That is bad news, but hey you can catch up on daytime soaps!

·
Super Moderator
7,819 Posts
Yes it easily could have. Very glad to hear that's all it was and nothing more. Sucks to be off work that long though. I would drive my wife absolutely batty being around me so long. Or vice versa, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Our sport is dangerous no doubt about it. Always one of my fears is flipping. It could have been worse though. And hope you make a speedy recovery man.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Surgery went smoothly. Actually had part of a bone from a donor that had passed away to replace part of my bone. The hospital staff tells me that ATV accidents/injuries resulting in hospital stays happen more frequently than any other accident/injury. As stated before on this forum I am 56 yrs old and have just recently got back into riding after 12 yrs not riding st all and 20 yrs since I did serious racing and riding. It’s in my blood and I love it so I plan on riding again once I heal. Unfortunately I guess I need to admit my age and adjust my riding style accordingly. Stay safe my friends.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Glad everything went ok. now the wait time to heal up and then get back on the "horse"

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am 58 and just got back into 4 wheeling myself... this winter i went to a 686 bore with a 11 to 1 compression wiseco piston and stage two cam.. also widened it 3” and lowered it 3”.... made a huge difference for stability so far but i have not tested it fully as I’m am still in break in period

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Haha!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 42 Posts