Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted how i wrecked my 700 the other day but my insurance adjuster cant look at it for a few weeks. Just seein if maybe u guys can tell better than i can if it will be a write off or not.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Youre the crazy ridin guy right? JK. Its sounds like you had a bad wreck but if its fixable under what your bike is worth .. its more than likely not going to be a right off. I would assume an 06 or 07 .. whatever you have .. book value is probably about 5000 for an 06 and 07 $6000+ You think it would cost that much to fix. Probably not

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Some times write off isnt the best option. Someone just ran into the back of my cargo trailer a couple weeks ago. The estimate was for $3700 to fix it, so the insurance wrote me a check for the estimate and said thats all they could do if it was any more they would total it. I sold the trailer as is for $2000 and bought a 3 year newer and little nicer trailer for $5000.

So if the damage is high but doesnt total it you might be able to sell off good parts and still have enough to buy a new quad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Don't know your damage, but I have a 06LE that was only 6 months old when I wrecked. It caused just shy of 4000$ in damage, and my insurance co didn't even suggest totaling it.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the cross member that the rad connects to is the only part of the frame that i can tell is bent and i think the engine should be fine but the ignition got messed up so i cant start it to tell

·
Registered
521 Posts
If the frame is bent at all they will replace it. Mine was bent behind the lower a-arms. Fortunatly mine still ran.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ive seen them get totaled sometimes but not others, kind of depends on the insurance company I think.

buddy wrecked his LTR bent frame, plastics, steering stem, fuel tank was crushed in, and quite a bit more I cant think of now ad they fixed his.

another buddy got his DS650 stolen. the guys that stole it beat the crap out of it, and thought it would be a good idea to pull the drain plug and run the motor til it locked up. so needed a motor, plastics, tires, axle and some other things. they didnt total this one either.

another buddy wrecked his DVX 400 bent steering stem, and a-arm on the one side and a tie rod, no frame, engine or plastic damage. Totaled.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Short of a bent frame, I can't see it being a write-off which sucks because then you have to wait for it to be fixed. Adjusters are funny though and if you get the right one, they'll help you out. The dealership should also have the brains to quote all parts at list to save you a few bucks towards your deductable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I know Allstate insurance will take up to $4500.00 of damage before righting off a Raptor 700..

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Ive been a licensed insurance agent for about 4 years now so Ive seen alot of claims filed. It all depends on the insurance company and, sometimes more importantly, the insurance adjuster. Most of the time it will depend on the total amount of damage vs the estimated value of the atv before it was wrecked, but if you get a good adjuster they can help you out. Ensure that EVERYTHING is listed that needs to be replaced when it is appraised.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts