Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a problem but rather curosity. So my raptor blew a head gasket after rebuild :(. havent had the time or money to get a new one but iv found one that i got with a kit awile back but the problem is its for the standard bore. mine is bored to a 686 im pretty sure thats 102mm but i see they sell 102mm head gaskets on ebay would it really matter if i put the head gasket i found on or will i be better off buying a 102mm one??

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The OEM and cometic gaskets I've used work for anything from 100mm-102mm. I would look up the part number on the kit, call the manufacturer, and ask.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Not really a problem but rather curosity. So my raptor blew a head gasket after rebuild :(. havent had the time or money to get a new one but iv found one that i got with a kit awile back but the problem is its for the standard bore. mine is bored to a 686 im pretty sure thats 102mm but i see they sell 102mm head gaskets on ebay would it really matter if i put the head gasket i found on or will i be better off buying a 102mm one??
Measure the bore size of the head gasket. If it is at least 102 to 102.5mm, you are okay to use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts