Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will wrong map cause you to run hot? My last ride I ran hot twice cooled off and made camp. Will the wrong map cause this?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
From what I know is yes it can. Running lean can cause overheating, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah you can melt the s.o.b. down if it's too lean!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yeah you can melt the s.o.b. down if it's too lean!
+1...........but have you changed your map or mods recently to cause your afr to change? also have you been losing coolant? i think if your head gasket is goin that can also cause overheating. maybe your thermostat may be going, or fan not kicking on. idk i'm just spitting out reasons. :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
+1...........but have you changed your map or mods recently to cause your afr to change? also have you been losing coolant? i think if your head gasket is goin that can also cause overheating. maybe your thermostat may be going, or fan not kicking on. idk i'm just spitting out reasons. :lol:
I've never heard my fan since 2 years. That's why I ordered a ESR temp gauge. The best way is to have the temp gauge and a switch that powers your fan.

At what temperature does the temp. light in the dash turn on??

·
Registered
415 Posts
i am not sure what temp it turns on. and i have heard my fan once since i got my exhaust and the only reason i did was because the hose coming from the coolant overflow tank came out of its clip and was hitting it. i thought my bike blew up. :lol:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My fan used to kick on I know. After the dyno months later I went from +3 TB to 54mm TB. I'm running a rough map I was emailed no hick ups or sputtering but if I ride it hard the heat ligh comes on it was a little low from changing the TB's and I neve filled completely. So any number of things as I thought. This sucks but oh well I got new cylinder head piston crank everything waiting to change over soon as time let's me.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
If your running hard and it heats up, I have a few questions. Are you riding in mud and the radiator is getting clogged? If not I would guess that your mid to upper end of your map (70% + on throttle and over 4K rpm) may need to be riched up a 1-2%. If your riding normally and are within specs then I would mess with the low end.
Just my 2 pennies.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It can idle for an hour nothing ride it wtfo for 5-10 minutes after warmed up then light comes on I know fan works. So it could be the map I'm starting to lean that way myself.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Frist thing :pull the plug! and look at it.... As for the fan I ran mine with out the fan for over a yr. as long as you are moving you do not need a fan. Dose it boil over? It maybe just a light that comes on like a (bad sensor) wire or ground.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think I just ran it with little anti freeze in it. From where I changed the TB the I lost a lot of fluid. It's filled up now idled for an hour no light. I haven't rode it hard yet but if it blows head gasket I'm bout to rebuild any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts