Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for a preferably used OEM blue tank cover to fit my 2019 700R.

I know a number of previous years will work as well.

I would be willing to buy it out right or do a trade plus cash deal for my black one.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Check oem Partzilla or Motosport.
Tank covers and grills in multiple colors are available, it's fenders that have been hard to come by.
You can get a new oem blue tank cover for around $20 plus shipping.

All the tank covers(and rear fenders)are the same 2006-2021

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot, man! Right before I checked here to see you mention Motosport, I bought one off of a guy on eBay for $100. I just bought the same blue OEM top cover for $34 shipped from Moto.

What’s interesting is that Partzilla sells this part for $130+shipping? There are other plastic parts that have a significant price difference depending on the site.

Why is this? I mean…where talking a 60%+ price difference between a few sites on some parts?

·
VIP
1,051 Posts
Just wanted to clarify that the 06-12 tank covers are not the same as the 13-21 models.

Are you sure you ordered the cover ending in -30?

Looking at Motosport, it lists the blue cover for $143.62, so Partzilla is actually cheaper.

For some unknown reason, the blue cover is 6X more expensive than most any other color, which sell for about $20 for white up to $63 for red. All other colors are around the $25-$30 range.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
That's strange on the cover, as I have bought 3, and all listed as 06-21...but I don't doubt Chimbazoid, as he's done All the part number research.

·
VIP
1,051 Posts
Here you can see the main differences between the 06-12 and the 13-21 covers.

The 06-12 are flat on the end that the hood attaches, where the 13-21 have the extended sections at the front to meet up with the shape of the hood.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I went ahead and purchased the one from Motosport last night. I called them up today and they confirmed that it is the blue one.

I will update once I receive it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here you can see the main differences between the 06-12 and the 13-21 covers.

The 06-12 are flat on the end that the hood attaches, where the 13-21 have the extended sections at the front to meet up with the shape of the hood.

I see what you’re talking about with the differences. I bet you are correct that the one I ordered from Motosport is the 06-12 one.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I have a 2020
I bought all the oem fenders in black from Partzilla.
I have 2 other tank covers for it too, and they do not have the extensions towards the front, yet they fit fine(I do have the '13+ nose, hood, and front fenders also).
It seems like either tank cover will fit either group of years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts