Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my 13t front sprocket for a 15t, but I can't manage to get the HUGE nut out!

Do you have some tips for me guys? thx

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you have access to an air gun?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have a 1/2 inch torque gun, I tried it but damn it can't get off!
I cleaned it with some WD-40, it's been 2 years now that i installed my 13t.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Get a better 1/2" impact gun.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol haha i'm 15 so I can't afford some bad ass tools but still, it's a mastercraft , and brand new. Anyways there's not 50 solutions, perseverance and strength hehe...

I see that both you guys have an Evac Valve... Is it really worth it ( reliability wise) ...??

·
Registered
587 Posts
Lol haha i'm 15 so I can't afford some bad ass tools but still, it's a mastercraft , and brand new. Anyways there's not 50 solutions, perseverance and strength hehe...

I see that both you guys have an Evac Valve... Is it really worth it ( reliability wise) ...??
I bought it with the evac valve, the guy I bought it from said he did a before and after dyno and it picked up another HP. I didn't know that it added reliability also until I researched it on here.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not a good idea. :eek: If you have access to a breaker bar try that with about a 4' long piece of pipe on it! Put it in gear, lock the park brake, chock the wheels even put a piece of pipe across through the wheels and the swing arm so it doesn't move.
Why is it a bad idea to heat it up, because of the sensor and the chain? And yeah i thought about gettin a breaker bar, I guess i'll go buy one :D So fun to buy new tools.

Thanks alot dude.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Why is it a bad idea to heat it up, because of the sensor and the chain? And yeah i thought about gettin a breaker bar, I guess i'll go buy one :D So fun to buy new tools.

Thanks alot dude.
For one you will smoke the oil seal......depending on how hot you get it.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I want to change my 13t front sprocket for a 15t, but I can't manage to get the HUGE nut out!

Do you have some tips for me guys? thx
800 ft. lbs. of torque.. I've had this impact wrench for 5 years, and I haven't found a nut or bolt that it couldn't budge yet.

I purchased it on the Snap-On truck, and my Snap-On rep knows i strictly purchase Snap-On or Blue Point only, unless there is something better. I put a link under the picture.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
800 ft. lbs. of torque.. I've had this impact wrench for 5 years, and I haven't found a nut or bolt that it couldn't budge yet.

I purchased it on the Snap-On truck, and my Snap-On rep knows i strictly purchase Snap-On or Blue Point only, unless there is something better. I put a link under the picture.
That's some heavy artillery man :wow: Mine only does around 320 ft. lbs. of torque. How much psi do you need to run that beast?

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IL3VMA/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000NP0RJQ&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1PDXSQ0QKT5HT8ZQQ7QW
Is that the CP composite? I got the IR version of that and it's badass too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like you put it back on to tight last time. I had mine off yesterday and all it took was a 36 v dewalt impact. If and when you do get it off make sure when you put it back on you torque it back on to factory specs so you don't have that problem again

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you put it back on to tight last time. I had mine off yesterday and all it took was a 36 v dewalt impact. If and when you do get it off make sure when you put it back on you torque it back on to factory specs so you don't have that problem again
Maybe. Honestly I didn't check for the specs on it. I just thought it should be real tight... shame on me ...

I just can't wait to put the 15t on it lol, i'm tired of shifting 1-2-3-4-5 in like 5 seconds

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just can't wait to put the 15t on it lol, i'm tired of shifting 1-2-3-4-5 in like 5 seconds
+1!!! i just went back to stock from a 13t and can't wait to see how it works. i have 22's though so its close to a 15t and 20's. hope you like it, but if you not you can just keep changing stuff. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts