Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day so i bought a 350 raptor for a fair price.. It has small issues. It starts easy. When you go and drive it it dies when coming to a stop and then struggles to start as soon as it warms up a bit it dies when stopping dead and then struggles to start again. Starter also makes strange noise sometimes. Can someone please tell me what the problem may be.. So fed uo struggling like this.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,471 Posts
Sounds like either a low battery charge or a bad charging system. You'll need a volt meter to test both. You can get a cheap meter from Harbor Freight, about $5. We can help you from there. If you here a clicking noise when trying to start, stop! That's the relay single of low voltage and high amperage, that will melt things.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats on your purchase I recently also have purchased a raptor 350. its been about 3 weeks now. Im also having a issue. Mine starts fine and I can go for a while then I put the thumb down and it bogs down, jerks and loses power. I stop let it sit for a bit and then I can go again and the same things happen again. Also the idling changes all the time sometimes causing it to cut out when coasting or not accelerating. I checked the valves, the valves were super tight so changed that to the loosest recommended, I changed the spark plug that brought the revs up but didn't actually fix the problem. Ive now ordered a all balls racing carb repair kit. Ive noticed there is load of fuel everywhere! its noticeable because I use shell v power and its red so can easily be seen. Also I did a fuel cleaner bottle and that didn't happen. Im hoping its the carb now and with the repair kit the problem will be solved I really don't know though. I hope you get yours up and running

·
10,471 Posts
Congrats on your purchase I recently also have purchased a raptor 350. its been about 3 weeks now. Im also having a issue. Mine starts fine and I can go for a while then I put the thumb down and it bogs down, jerks and loses power. I stop let it sit for a bit and then I can go again and the same things happen again. Also the idling changes all the time sometimes causing it to cut out when coasting or not accelerating. I checked the valves, the valves were super tight so changed that to the loosest recommended, I changed the spark plug that brought the revs up but didn't actually fix the problem. Ive now ordered a all balls racing carb repair kit. Ive noticed there is load of fuel everywhere! its noticeable because I use shell v power and its red so can easily be seen. Also I did a fuel cleaner bottle and that didn't happen. Im hoping its the carb now and with the repair kit the problem will be solved I really don't know though. I hope you get yours up and running
I believe you have a different problem, caused by a bad gas cap vent. If the vent is bad it will build a vacuum in the tank and the fuel won't flow. Loosen the gas cap or let it sit and the vacuum bleads off, then it will run for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe you have a different problem, caused by a bad gas cap vent. If the vent is bad it will build a vacuum in the tank and the fuel won't flow. Loosen the gas cap or let it sit and the vacuum bleads off, then it will run for a while.
That was one of the first things i tried I think now its either a carb issue or a stator issue. Ive ordered a carb rebuild kit so I will try that first and if it isn't that I must be the stator

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
That was one of the first things i tried I think now its either a carb issue or a stator issue. Ive ordered a carb rebuild kit so I will try that first and if it isn't that I must be the stator
What do you mean by fuel everywhere? Is it leaking? Have you cleaned the screen at the fuel petcock valve in the tank? That needs to be removed to clean it.

·
10,471 Posts
What do you mean by fuel everywhere? Is it leaking? Have you cleaned the screen at the fuel petcock valve in the tank? That needs to be removed to clean it.
Good call, I keep forgetting about fuel filters on bikes with carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts