Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as some of you may have heard me talk about blowing my tip off my gytr exhaust. I fixed it, went riding and kablewy it came off again. the baffle inside came loose and funked up the end piece. so i went down to my local dealer and asked if there was anyway i could order a new endpiece and baffle. Nope! thinking that i was about to spend another 400 bucks on a pipe, the dude behind the counter gave my yamaha cust. service number. So I call them and explain what happended and that the pipe is almost a year and a half old. He tells me to take it back down to dealership and if they give the o.k. then he'll good will me the pipe and I get a brand spankin new one to replace it for free! So I do some more runnin around and go back to dealership and then they call yamaha and what do ya know? They said I get a new one under the warrenty. I didn't think I even had a warrenty on the pipe. My quad warrenty ran out almost a year ago. So hooray for yamaha, just when you think the man is gonna stick it to ya, he pulls through and helps you out. Just wanted to give yamaha some props for helping out a fellow atver. I'm still in awe that they did that. I could see it if the pipe was less than 6 months old , but like I said, I've got some serious hours on it. Thanks Yamaha! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats great man!! Its nice to hear things like that ..

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is good to hear :thumbsup: Like you said they usually try to charge for every thing, good to see they stand behind there product.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That's pretty awesome. It's so ridiculous how these companies make millions every year, pay CEO's ridiculous obscene salaries, but then pinch pennies on things like customer service. Nice to see some companies (or people) trying to still take care of the little guy.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Great that they backed their product, but terrible to hear they didn't manage to fix the same problems they've had since the 660 GYTR exhaust came out.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Is the blow out common to those mufflers? I haven't read/heard about it until now and am considering purchasing one.

As for Yamaha - I've had nothing but good dealings with the company ... some dealerships I've had problems with but never the company itself. I've called the customer service line at 2 a.m. PDT and someone answered that actually knew something about quads. When we learned about the oil drain hole being in the wrong spot on the early engine skidplates I called Yamaha to ask for a template so I could measure/drill the hole and they coordinated with a local dealership to get me a new one in exchange for the old.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Headrope said:
Is the blow out common to those mufflers? I haven't read/heard about it until now and am considering purchasing one.
It was an all too common problem with the GYTR exhausts for the 660, especially the CF canisters. Of those I personally rode with there were 2 gytr's and both eventually had problems. I have no idea how the 700 slip ons are doing but other than this post it's been a "no news is good news" situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts