Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while now, I have received some good information from this site. I am looking at purchasing an 07 GYTR and wondering if anyone uses Yamaha financing and how they like it.

Also, I have read all the issues on the drain plug. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
absolutly do not use the yamaha financing. i talked to a yamaha rep and said 99% of people the apply for it gets a 18.99% interest rate.. most banks or credit unions especially will give around7% ... yamaha rates sux.. i have 7% at my credit union. and i pay 169 a month..

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used their 0/0/0 for 6 months as I intend to pay down the balance, then transfer over the remainder to a lower rate credit card. I have excellent credit and I was actually shocked when they told me my rate would be 12.99% at the end of the 6 months.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just got my financing through yamaha and I got 8%.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got the Yamaha finance with 0/0/0 for 6 months. The account does not incur interest, it is interest FREE for 6 months.

After the 6 months it goes to 8.9% which is not much higher than my local CU of 8.2%. (And I have excellent credit)

The financing is backed by HSBC Finance Corporation which is as reputable as a lender gets...

If you do not get a good zero interest offer or your credit is not good, your better off using a bank or credit union.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, my CU offers 8% and 36 months on all ATV's. I thought about giving Yamaha a shot to beat that, but it looks to be my best deal right now.

Is Yamaha financing more like a credit card? As long as your paying the % monthly it goes on until it is paid?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I used Yamaha financing for both of my raptors. I was 22 when I bought the 660 with a beacon score of 714. Yamaha approved me for eight grand with a fixed apr of 9%. My payments where $169 a month but I paid $200 until it was paid for. I used yamaha financing again for my 700 with a fixed apr of 9%. 07raptorgytr, I guess I'm part of that 1% that got a good interest rate. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
556 Posts
I used them when buying our 07 Raptor 700 and 06 Raptor 350. I got them for the 8.9% for the first year then I think it goes up slightly after that. At that point if its crazy I would toss it on another card with the balance transfer option.

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
I used Yamaha financing on mine. I had the choice of 0%/$0 for 6 months or 8.9% for 2 years. Whatever is left after the promotional period of 6 months to 2 years will go to 11.99 or 12.99, I cant remember. I'm gonna pay it off in about 8 months so its not gonna be much interest at all. I did the math and if I made equal payments for 1 year doing the 0% for 6 months then going to the standard interest rate, no other loan would have been any better.

I am 24 and the salesman bragged about my credit when I applied. Credit score of 747. I thought it was pretty easy to get financing through Yamaha.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
well it sounds as if you all got the yamaha credit and got a good interest rate. my dealer must have been on somthing when he told me the practically no one get any better than 18.99% but o well i got an eve better interest of 7.5% at my cu.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have mine on their $69 for first 24mo. That interest rate is 7.99%. After the 2 years, my rate rockets to 16.99% (And I have good credit - the finance lady said most people don't get the 7.99/16.99% rates, they are worse).

But, I have a plan. For the first year, I will pay the $69 while paying off my car. Then all the car payment and then some will go on the 2nd year to pay the Rappy off before the 24mo is up. (If all doesn't go according to that plan, I will transfer the loan to a better rate)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.