Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the schools "Wyotech" and "U.T.I" the only schools that teach Yamaha mechanics? I have 2 Felonies on my record, so are any of you motorcycle mechanics with felonies on your record? possible tax break for the company?

does your driving record effect your qualifications?

I am looking to do something positive instead of getting into more trouble. But do not want to waste my time with something that will get me no where. And I enjoy working on bikes.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is the schools "Wyotech" and "U.T.I" the only schools that teach Yamaha mechanics?
There's MMI (Motorcycle Mechanical Institute) as well. I don't know anyone that has gone through Wyotech. But I do know a few people that have gone thru MMI in Orlando. Orlando is supposedly the biggest MMI in the US but have been told it's not much hands on and don't learn all that much in class.

I know one person to go thru UTI, said that he learned a lot and had a lot of wrenching time during class.

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
I had a friend with a felony who went to MMI in AZ. Now he works at a Harley dealer in Washington State. Makes decent money.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Max theres also PSI(Power Sports Institute) it's in Cleavland Ohio. I started to go there once. It's a 2 year deal you can learn about japanese motorcycle American and Vtwin or powersports. You get to pick 2 out of those choices to learn.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Is the schools "Wyotech" and "U.T.I" the only schools that teach Yamaha mechanics? I have 2 Felonies on my record, so are any of you motorcycle mechanics with felonies on your record? possible tax break for the company?

does your driving record effect your qualifications?

I am looking to do something positive instead of getting into more trouble. But do not want to waste my time with something that will get me no where. And I enjoy working on bikes.
You're on the right track Max. Regardless of your past you should continue to push forward for a positive future. The single best investment anyone can make for their future is education.
Good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Max theres also PSI(Power Sports Institute) it's in Cleavland Ohio. I started to go there once. It's a 2 year deal you can learn about japanese motorcycle American and Vtwin or powersports. You get to pick 2 out of those choices to learn.

yeah i just looked at their website last night. They are like a hour away from my house. I'ma give them a call and get some more info. That should save thousands of dollars, when it comes to housing and stuff on the loan.

·
Registered
81 Posts
dont go to wyotech i went to wyotech there a fraud no job when i got outta school the qaulifcations that i got where nt valid to any there whrerent real waste of time ive never heard anything good bout that school go to mmi or uti or psi ive heard really good stuff

·
Registered
364 Posts
dont go to wyotech i went to wyotech there a fraud no job when i got outta school the qaulifcations that i got where nt valid to any there whrerent real waste of time ive never heard anything good bout that school go to mmi or uti or psi ive heard really good stuff
I went to wyojoke also. Its a huge waste of money for a shitty education. Instructors didnt give a shit. Pay 30k to have them tell you "well its all job experience".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts