Raptor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Posting here as requested/suggested, after very helpful responses in my first post (in the wrong place etc) So Today was a big day in this "Basket case resto" here in Ireland. I After much testing/Youtube watching, and re wiring the 38 year old loom somewhere back to factory, i finally got a SPARK !!!!

Still waiting for the new carb (Chinese 🥵 ) but after carefully disassembling the original Mikuni, which looked fine on the outside, and cleaning with my new Sonic cleaner (bought especially for this job) I discovered some clown had JB Welded the inside !!! I assume there was a crack or break? either way the carb is scrap, hence the reluctant new one.

So hopefully if it ever arrives we might have a running machine? Still worried about the gearbox though, as this Farm Dog seems to need everything?, including a complete rear end overhaul.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

Being in Ireland, 🤯 and thanks to the enforced annexation by Russia, Er sorry i mean the EU 🤬 (same outcome) It is now near impossible to get parts from the UK (only 53 miles between countries) plus the fact that now there is Customs duty which add 30% on top of every single purchase.

I'm from the UK, Exiled here for the last 20 years restoring Bikes (this is my first Quad, so be gentle) So you can imagine what a struggle it is. In the Good ole USA it seems there is a great Yamaha Moto Store on every street corner? So spare a thought for me, next time your Package is a little late? Those new shoes you paid $14 for are costing me $42 !!! 🤬 here its a joke. Still need a seat, id be happy with just the plastic base! anyone have a spare willing to send it with a customs value of 50c would be marvelous? I will post more pics if anyone is interested? Thank you Vermont Life, your you tube and your very human mistakes are saving me additional misery. Plus this site is really great for positive help 😎

Also Please, has anyone managed to replace all the shocks for a Moto 225 with new (non OEM Yamaha ) Chinese or any make that work cheap? they measure 270 mm but im not sure? any links to europe or help appreciated as mine are rusty and shot. Thank You for reading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I got it running !!! Thanks to Harvey Spooners You Tube posts (Check him out he is a genius) His Method of getting a Quad? Engine running after showing low compression is a wonder. I showed a pathetic 30 psi on the first test after using his simple easy trick, mine started first time. Obviously a stuck valve! Now showing 100 psi and starts first time no smoke, So now its worth spending money on.

Still need a seat and rear end and first attempt to ride yesterday showed the clutch is stuck so no clutch just bangs into gear.LOL Happy Days

1 - 2 of 2 Posts