Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Robert at Yamaha of Troy Just got me a smokin Deal on some parts for my friends Predator that BLEW everyone else I called out of the water. I ordered a full Motion Pro Throttle Assy and New Grips shipped to me for $7 less than anyone else WITHOUT the grips. You guys really need to give this guy a call. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StuntPunkJames said:
Place is like 40 mins from me, a few people I know went there for bikes, they have great deals
#1 in my book!!!! Top notch service too!

·
Registered
767 Posts
Funny you should mention Yamaha of Troy. :mad: I bought a GYTR filter kit off ebay from them recently, It's been fun that's for sure. The auction clearly stated that it would be shipped via USPS to Canada, I made a quick phonecall to verify, and yes that was correct. So I pay for it with Paypal, and in the comments section of the Paypal payment I write "please ensure this item ships via USPS". Guess what shows up at my door...... The boys in Brown, fucking ass-rapist UPS. :unsure: :mad: Now you have to understand that UPS really socks it to us in Canada with absolutley outrageous Brokerage fees, this item had a $46 charge for brokerage and GST (sales tax). Had it been shipped USPS as stated in the auction, verified on the phone, and requested the charge would have been roughly $12. ::) I have had this happen more than a few times from companys in the US that don't listen or care when USPS has been requested but finally have had enough and refused the package, seems to be the only way to get anyones attention. After the brokerage charge from UPS I may as well have just walked down to the local dealer and bought it at retail. Long story short I called Troy and nobody really seemed to concerned, and all that was said was " I'll let them know you refused it". I also sent an email thoroughly explaining the situation and haven't heard a word, If I don''t hear something on the status of a refund or shipping the item out properly I'll file a claim with ebay and paypal next week.

Sorry, just my rant for today. :lol:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Diddly said:
Funny you should mention Yamaha of Troy. :mad: I bought a GYTR filter kit off ebay from them recently, It's been fun that's for sure. The auction clearly stated that it would be shipped via USPS to Canada, I made a quick phonecall to verify, and yes that was correct. So I pay for it with Paypal, and in the comments section of the Paypal payment I write "please ensure this item ships via USPS". Guess what shows up at my door...... The boys in Brown, fucking ass-rapist UPS. :unsure: :mad: Now you have to understand that UPS really socks it to us in Canada with absolutley outrageous Brokerage fees, this item had a $46 charge for brokerage and GST (sales tax). Had it been shipped USPS as stated in the auction, verified on the phone, and requested the charge would have been roughly $12. ::) I have had this happen more than a few times from companys in the US that don't listen or care when USPS has been requested but finally have had enough and refused the package, seems to be the only way to get anyones attention. After the brokerage charge from UPS I may as well have just walked down to the local dealer and bought it at retail. Long story short I called Troy and nobody really seemed to concerned, and all that was said was " I'll let them know you refused it". I also sent an email thoroughly explaining the situation and haven't heard a word, If I don''t hear something on the status of a refund or shipping the item out properly I'll file a claim with ebay and paypal next week.

Sorry, just my rant for today. :lol:
Call and ask for Robert! Tell him you were referred from the Raptor forums board that they were a great company to deal with, thats why you bid on their auction, and ask him if there is anything he can do to help you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Look them up on ebay, yamahaoftroy, I believe. They have plastics advertised for cheap.

Diddly- I dont blame you one bit. Sometimes you have to make some noise to get service. Shouldnt be that way, keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blownhotrodder said:
Look them up on ebay, yamahaoftroy, I believe. They have plastics advertised for cheap.

Diddly- I dont blame you one bit. Sometimes you have to make some noise to get service. Shouldnt be that way, keep us posted.
Robert beat his Ebay price for me. I am sure that they just made an error in Diddly's case. I have bought a ton of stuff from him and NEVER a single problem!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ATC-Crazy said:
How much was the GYTR bumper if you dont mind me asking?
If I remember correctly, mine was about $110 shipped! But it might depend on where he has to ship to also.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll try my luck with Robert on Monday. I realize that companys screw up once in a while and that's not my issue, my issue is that nobody seems to care about it at Yamaha of Troy.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Diddly said:
Thanks guys, I'll try my luck with Robert on Monday. I realize that companys screw up once in a while and that's not my issue, my issue is that nobody seems to care about it at Yamaha of Troy.
That totally sucks Diddly. I certainly know how you feel. Another thing you can do is phone Yamaha Motor USA and let them know. I did find them to be extremely helpful and courteous. I called them about two months ago to ask them when the online manual for the 07 SE would be on the My Yamaha link. She looked into it right away, called me back two hours later and said the website was fixed, thanked me for telling them and sent me a hardcopy of the manual in the mail! I didn't even ask for the manual and on top of that I'm a Canadian customer lol. Stupid dealer lost my original manual. Anyway, this problem of international shipments is widespread. American online retailers are really in the dark about it and probably the amount of stuff they ship to destinations outside of the US compared to local is minute so they aren't exactly in any rush to fix it.

Give the dealer local to me in Ontario here a try. I know they put up OEM pricing, but maybe a phone call to them to haggle might yield better pricing. Tell them that most online OEM dealers offer 20% off list. Worth a shot. At least you won't have to pay duty, exchange and ridiculous shipping.

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/index.asp

·
Registered
965 Posts
roc64 said:
ATC-Crazy said:
How much was the GYTR bumper if you dont mind me asking?
If I remember correctly, mine was about $110 shipped! But it might depend on where he has to ship to also.
I looked on their site and they advertise $132. Same price as my local dealer. I also looked on their ebay store, and they advertise $154 for the same thing....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tiggyboot said:
Diddly said:
That totally sucks Diddly. I certainly know how you feel. Another thing you can do is phone Yamaha Motor USA and let them know. I did find them to be extremely helpful and courteous. I called them about two months ago to ask them when the online manual for the 07 SE would be on the My Yamaha link. She looked into it right away, called me back two hours later and said the website was fixed, thanked me for telling them and sent me a hardcopy of the manual in the mail! I didn't even ask for the manual and on top of that I'm a Canadian customer lol. Stupid dealer lost my original manual. Anyway, this problem of international shipments is widespread. American online retailers are really in the dark about it and probably the amount of stuff they ship to destinations outside of the US compared to local is minute so they aren't exactly in any rush to fix it.

Give the dealer local to me in Ontario here a try. I know they put up OEM pricing, but maybe a phone call to them to haggle might yield better pricing. Tell them that most online OEM dealers offer 20% off list. Worth a shot. At least you won't have to pay duty, exchange and ridiculous shipping.

https://www.yamahagenuineparts.com/index.asp
What is he gonna let Yamaha USA know about?

·
Registered
779 Posts
I need to spell it out for you?

If they are an authorized Yamaha OEM parts dealer and they shaft customers...then they are not obiding by Yamaha's policies. The fact they made a mistake with the shipping method, even after Did received verbal confirmation on the phone, is one thing. The fact that after numerous attempts to reach them to resolve the matter failed, that is the clincher. It's all about accountability. I also like their tricky pricing, website says one price, ebay says another.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tiggyboot said:
I need to spell it out for you?

If they are an authorized Yamaha OEM parts dealer and they shaft customers...then they are not obiding by Yamaha's policies. The fact they made a mistake with the shipping method, even after Did received verbal confirmation on the phone, is one thing. The fact that after numerous attempts to reach them to resolve the matter failed, that is the clincher. It's all about accountability. I also like their tricky pricing, website says one price, ebay says another.
No you dont need to spell it out! First of all, Yamaha Dealers are Franchised, there is "NO" guideline that a Dealer needs to follow as far as shipping and parts charges, and his phone call may have gone to a person that dropped the ball, they are free enterprise and can charge whatever they want! But its guys like you that create problems! Of all the posts Diddly is the only one that had a problem, and I believe it to be resolvable. Everyone else raves about their service, yet you will take one mistake and turn it into a major issue and cry to mommy about it. Bet you were the whiney little kid that told on people all the time too! huh? Oh by the way nowhere in is post did he say he made numerous attempts. he made a phone call, and sent an email!! You got issues dude!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.