Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this happened a few months back but just thought about how they treated me and figred to let them have it. SOB's

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
damn another person pissed off at Yamaha of troy. Looks like Im never going to buy from them. LOL thanks cyprusrappy ~~ WOODY

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Not the first time ive heard that, thats why I didnt order there tire wheel package from ebay. Went with someone i trusted. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Sorry I haven't been following all the threads, what happened?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
This, I think:

(Feces Rights have been recognized in this depiction. No feces was harmed, abused, or mishandled. This is actually soap, so no fecal material was actually involved in this production.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
phuzz said:
Mad Dog Beyond Thunderdome said:
This, I think:

(Feces Rights have been recognized in this depiction. No feces was harmed, abused, or mishandled. This is actually soap, so no fecal material was actually involved in this production.)
whats wrong with you i told you not to eat it after the pic was done? :lol: i think you miight need some :help: :joke:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've made sure to steer clear of yamaha of troy since reading all the bad stuff on here

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hell yeah they SUCK big fat DONKEY DICK. Check out my thread from two or three months ago. They F___d with me good, but I definately feel I got the last laugh when over 600+ people viewed my thread of which atleast 20 people said they were about to buy from them and now wouldn't. Ah the sweet smell of victory. Got all my money back and hopefully made it so no one on here gets screwed like I did.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You would buying from a dealer would be the way to go. I was thinking of getting something from them too but steered clear thanks to you guys.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have dealt with them on a couple different occasions and had no problems whatsoever. Maybe goodluck on my part, maybe bad on yours. Who knows. I heard they had an idiot looking after the online stuff and I spoke to Y.O.T. personally and they have a new person looking after the online stuff.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep I've had no luck with them either, they suck donkey balls. :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think it's hit or miss with these guys... I ordered 2 tire packages from them with no problems but a friend of mine ordered $2000.00+ in honda 400ex parts and had nothing but bad luck. His order had missing parts, backorder without notice, and failure to deliver. I personally helped him with his project so I refuse to order from them now...

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
It took them a month to get me the Steering Stem I paid for, they claimed Yamaha kept loosing their order, and when they finally got it in to Ship to me, they said it dissapeared so I had to wait and wait :'(

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I say even if you've had good luck with them hearing all of our shitty stories should be enough reason to put the stop to using them. Reason being if you were in our shoes then support from others in not buying from them gives us the ones who got screwed some satisfaction. Unfortunately the term BAD LUCK is thrown around too loosely today. It was more like piss poor service, which unfortunatley has become a standard in our country. The way I see it is there is no reason not to use the companies with good reputations: KB motorsports, Geisick, Tech Quad shop, ROCKYMOUNTAIN, and any others out there. Good luck to all BEWARE of YAMAHA of TROY.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
DrDsRaptor said:
I say even if you've had good luck with them hearing all of our shitty stories should be enough reason to put the stop to using them. Reason being if you were in our shoes then support from others in not buying from them gives us the ones who got screwed some satisfaction. Unfortunately the term BAD LUCK is thrown around too loosely today. It was more like piss poor service, which unfortunatley has become a standard in our country. The way I see it is there is no reason not to use the companies with good reputations: KB motorsports, Geisick, Tech Quad shop, ROCKYMOUNTAIN, and any others out there. Good luck to all BEWARE of YAMAHA of TROY.
For sure, I agreee 100% Had I known I probably wouldn't have ordered from them, I guess I lucked out. I think we should stick together and if there is a trend from vendors we should roll with it bad or good! Good news travels fast in this forum aswell, I am sure that companies who have any sense of buisness and service would realize that word of mouth is very powerful!!

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I agree all it takes is a couple people having a issue for me to stay away. There are to many places I trust to worry about saving a few bucks from somebody I dont.

Ive bought alot online and have only had a issue twice and both came from Dealers trying to get in the online after market business. So now I stay away from that type of dealer and go with people that just specialize in after market stuff. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I guess ill tell you what happened. When I purchased the quad I went on ebay and the skid plates were one of the first mods I ordered. Since I left NY 5 years ago and moved overseas, I had to order everything and send it to my freight forwarders and have it shipped over. Now i ordered 2000 dollars worth of extras, my bro ordered and cousin brand new 700's. Now everything was sent to the shippers except the engine skid. Troy failed to tell me it wasnt in the parcel from UPS. Now that sucker is heavy and since I had the crate leaving soon, i figured id wait a day or two for Toryto have it sent out. I called them, said you should have at least told me it wasnt in the shipment. What if I didnt check with the shippers and had the crate sent out to me??? Then what? Well they told me they were like or fault. No shit!!

So anyway, they told me it will be sent out soon. I said i need to know as I have a crate worth over 20,000 stuff inside and i need to know the date the engine skid would be there. They said in 3 days. So i told the shippers to hold on not to seal up the box. We waited and 3 days...nothing. I call, please hold..............................................JACK SHIT. Fat bitch answers, says Scott not in!! Call back tomorrow. In the meanwhile im calling from overseas paying a shit load of money.

So shippers call me say we need to seal it, so I call troy and they said no prob we will send it to you in Cyprus and pay the shipping. So i was happy for that aspect but wasnt that I had to call all the time. Now a month passes I get no email. I call them and they told me not yet we are waiting for it to get to us from yamaha. Not our fault....in the meanwhile they are on ebay still and taking orders left and right.

Second month passes.........nothing. I called 30 times till now and get the run around.

Finally i call again and they said we have a problem, we have them in stock but to big to send via USPS. its too big by 3 inches. They wont send it overseas. So i said send it by UPS or FedEx. Then they said ok we will send it out tomorrow. So i say email me this time with the tracking info....Gues what??????????? NOTHING>.................. So i call again after 3 days to see whats up? They say....umm its too expensive to send by UPS. Its like 115 dollars. more expensive than the actual skid plate itself. So they asked me to pay for it. I said FUCK no you guys promised me that you would pay for it since its your fuck up. You charge my credit card over 3 months ago and I didnt say anything about that and promise me you will bare the shipping cost and now you tell me to pay for it???? FUCK NO..

So i spoke to the owner and the fucker didnt even apologize. Its like I had to beg them to send it to me. In the end I got them after 4 months. What a nightmare. they acted like such bastards to me, as if it was my fault. fuckin ass holes. Im so mad as we speak. I feel like sending them a link for this topic. SOB's.

Well thats my shitty experience with Yamaha of Troy. Learn one thing........never again. I tried to save 10 bucks and in the end spent well over 10 bucks on phone calls to them.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Well it sounds like you got screwed pretty hardcore. I've got very little patience for companies that don't keep their word on time lines. I figure if you can't be sure it'll be there don't lie to me and say it will.

I'm thinking we need to setup a nice little list of shops/sellers/etc that have "questionable" service so that we've got a one-stop shop for buying precautions. I'd hate to see someone else have such a problem instead of just buying from someone more reliable. I'll see what I can work up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts