Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my raptor 660 back from a Carb clean and a valve adjustment, After two weeks of driving it around for a short period, I went to go check my oil and the oil was overfilled all the way up to the top and it smelled like fuel. The mechanic did not want to fix it, so I pulled the carbs out and checked the needle and seats and they looked fine and are tight when pushed in. He also did a compression test and was fine. I checked the petcock and it was fine. I don't know what the problem can be?

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Could it have been from BEFORE the carb cleaning? If not, it's his fault, it's his responsibility.

If he soaked the carbs in cleaner without removing the float valve seat, the o-ring under the seat is now damaged and needs to be replaced.

Also, your overflow tubes need to drop down below the carbs. If they are plugged or above the carbes then if the float bowl overflows the fuel will flow into the cylinder... if the tubes are below and free flowing, any bowl overflow goes down the tube to the floor.

Regardless - he should know all this... you paid him for a service, he failed to properly provide that service. Money back or fix it should be his only two options. If he refuses those options you have only one - find another service provider!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for this information, I will replace it and come back within the update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts