Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 yamaha raptor 660. Whenever i start it up after being off for a couple of days, once i give it gas, the engine doesnt run smoothly but it makes a "thumping" noise out of the exhost pipes and the more gas i give, the louder the thumping gets...please help

Thanks alex

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have a 2004 yamaha raptor 660. Whenever i start it up after being off for a couple of days, once i give it gas, the engine doesnt run smoothly but it makes a "thumping" noise out of the exhost pipes and the more gas i give, the louder the thumping gets...please help

Thanks alex
Any lights on on the dash when this thumping start, does it sound like a rev limiter..........

·
Registered
32 Posts
i know mine runs a bit rough after setting. Runs fine when warmed up. Mine is definitely just cold blooded. could be some jetting mods that previous owner did. Runs really well when warmed up. i just let it idle for a couple minutes before i try to crack the throttle.

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Whenever i start it up after being off for a couple of days, once i give it gas, the engine doesnt run smoothly but it makes a "thumping" noise out of the exhost pipes

So.... how long after starting does it take for it to start running (and sounding) normally?

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
Are you using the choke at startup?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts